Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I downloaded the photo dialer when it was out, and it was free.
    But today when it shows there was an update of the app, it shows $1.99 for the app. Can I just download the update for free or if I do that I have to pay $1.99?
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I updated it earlier and I didn't have to pay. If you got it when it was free, I believe the updates are free as well.
    I just go the same $1.99 update fee not 5min ago
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ansharr View Post
    I just go the same $1.99 update fee not 5min ago
    I can barely understand what want to express..
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I was willing to pay (good app IMHO) but when I went to the app catalog found photodialer, it let me update and did not ask for the 1.99. When I first tried to update via the "updates" icon it showed the update for photodialer but would not let me update from there. I had to go to the catalog. JayKC must be right, if you got it when it was free this update must be free. It seems to have been for me anyway.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaty View Post
    I was willing to pay (good app IMHO) but when I went to the app catalog found photodialer, it let me update and did not ask for the 1.99. When I first tried to update via the "updates" icon it showed the update for photodialer but would not let me update from there. I had to go to the catalog. JayKC must be right, if you got it when it was free this update must be free. It seems to have been for me anyway.
    ALL updates on ALL apps are said to be "free for life" if you have a PREVIOUS version, unless otherwise noted. I saw a statement about this somewhere on this site last month.
    Cardinal Peak worked with Palm in deciding how to release the pay version of the PhotoDialer application. They gave us the option of providing two version of the app and limiting the functionality of the free version that was released during the BETA period. Cardinal Peak decided to reward it's users who participated in the early version of the application development with a free version for the entire application as a thank you for all of the feedback that we received.

Thank you to everyone who downloaded the application and gave such wonderful feedback. Well over 100,000 people have downloaded the application and the feedback on the application was great. Thank you for all of the positive support and I hope you find the application as useful as we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Scates View Post
    Cardinal Peak worked with Palm in deciding how to release the pay version of the PhotoDialer application. They gave us the option of providing two version of the app and limiting the functionality of the free version that was released during the BETA period. Cardinal Peak decided to reward it's users who participated in the early version of the application development with a free version for the entire application as a thank you for all of the feedback that we received.

Thank you to everyone who downloaded the application and gave such wonderful feedback. Well over 100,000 people have downloaded the application and the feedback on the application was great. Thank you for all of the positive support and I hope you find the application as useful as we do.
    Thank you for caring about ur product and keeping it useful for us.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Absolutely, one of the few apps I use many times in one day. It makes the Pre so much easier to use, thanks for such a great app.
    Cheers,

Peaty
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    agrred! It is nice to see a company have enough trust in it's product to know that more people will be coming if they inturn take care of those customers they already have. In a time where true customer service is lacking KUDOS to Cardinal Peak for this move.
    Worked perfectly. Didn't undestand why a msg indicated I needed to update contacts for sms since it worked with sms immediately after download for app. Update from prompt on update icon didn't work.
    I had that strange sighting today with te photo dialer update - that my update app showed me the new paid app on a pre that has webos 1.1.3. without paid-apps feature:

http://forums.precentral.net/general...-paid-app.html
    been trying to update , but i get a download cancelled message. anyone else is getting this?
    double post.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    been trying to update , but i get a download cancelled message. anyone else is getting this?
    Yep I'm seeing the same thing. Kind of weird. Hope I can figure it out, because I really like the app.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    after I had made my post congratulating this company I went to update and I am getting the same error message that the catalog is not available. Today when I tried to update the updated splash id, that is also a paid app now, it gives me the same error message. I'd be interested to find out if anyone can confirm that this error message is because you have to purchase the app or not.
    I really like this app and moved it to my main bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by swmrbkrrnr View Post
    after I had made my post congratulating this company I went to update and I am getting the same error message that the catalog is not available. Today when I tried to update the updated splash id, that is also a paid app now, it gives me the same error message. I'd be interested to find out if anyone can confirm that this error message is because you have to purchase the app or not.
    from what i understand if you got it when it was free this update should be free

I have it when it was free but just havent downloaded the one that costs 1.99 but it says update avail for me
    Global Posts
    435 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    Yes, I'm getting that now. The version I have already installed is 0.9.7. App Catalog offers 0.9.8 but every attempt to update gets "Download canceled".
    How in the world can I get the pics for contacts back to normal? They were perfect at first, then when I updated to 1.3.1, my contact pics became like as if they were in a bubble. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times to no avail? Any help?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast