Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    My e-mail notification pops up after I hang up on a phone call on my Pre.
    Even though I have my default e-mail settings to notify me every 6 hours! everytime I hang up on a call, the e-mail icon pops up! It never did this until I updated my network settings.
    Is there a bug? Any one else experiencing this?

UPDATE: Oh so Chesirefrog explained-The data connection drops when on a call, then when you hang up it reconnects and updates all email data.
    Thanks Chesirefrog! :)

HOPEFULLY PALM will fix this, it kinda gets annoying.
    Last edited by Cezasf; 11/25/2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: UPDATE: Explanation in thread....
    i have an issue similar to this
    i get a notification that pops everytime i end a call (even if i tap the end button on the screen) or initiate one, and i hear the notification for an email, text message, or coming in and out of network when on a call.

and with a notification like mine its very annoying
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    I have one e-mail account set for "manual" retreival.

Apparently, to Palm, "Manual" means - Only when you press the "get mail" button...or you finish a phone call.

Because mine gets mail from that account as soon as I hang up a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cezasf View Post
    My e-mail notification pops up after I hang up on a phone call on my Pre.
    Even though I have my default e-mail settings to notify me every 6 hours! everytime I hang up on a call, the e-mail icon pops up! It never did this until I updated my network settings.
    Is there a bug? Any one else experiencing this?
    This will happen if your mail account is configured to get mail at any other time than "As Items Arrive".

When you get a call the Pre drops the data connection for the duration of the call. When the call is terminated the Pre re-establishes those connections, and checks for activity. This has the effect of requesting new mail from your configured mail accounts, so if you had any mail waiting, it will be delivered at the end of the call. You'll also notice that you're signed back in to your IM accounts, whether or not you were signed in before the call took place.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Mine does the same with the email, its set to manual only.
    Yeah, mine does the same. Cheshire had it right. Seems like every time the network link is re-established, it checks mail.