1.    #1  
    I run a marketing company and am used to Blackberry. However, I'd now like to move away form them completely.

I normally use a phone for the email,messaging and web browsing functions to manage my work whilst I am away from the office. Can the Pre handle these requirements well?

Best,
    James.
    It handles recieving emails great. I use it for my business and when I get an email my palm lets me know at the moment. There were many times I called or emailed a person back and they thought I must have been by my computer. Web Browsing is great. Getting used to the browser and buttons takes a bit, but once you get it down, you start flying through things. Now lets talk about the messaging. It's great for receiving and returning texts, but it doesn't come pre-built with call forwarding. There are patches you can install to make this work. You can't send videos and music without a patch and even that may not work well. So if texting is huge for you, then I wouldn't use it. Though updates are coming and Palm does address issues and have made promises to fix certain things. All in all, I love this device even with it's mishaps.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Ok... An honest answer.

A blackberry does e-mail and messaging beautifully. I don't know why you would want to get away from them.
    A curve can do those perfectly and can do sub-par web browsing. It can play music and whatnot, but not that much of a media phone. Unlike the Pre, the curve actually has voice memos and video recording. Quite sad, lol.

But anyway... the Pre.
    Messaging : Pretty great, but occasionally slow. I don't have that many complaints.
    E-mail: Good as well? Sometimes format gets lost from certain e-mails in exchange... and e-mail handling can get slow and annoying... but it's not that bad.
    Browser: Excellent. I think this is one of the best things about the Pre. Unfortunately, the smaller screen doesn't help much, but the resolution is up to par with the Iphone.

If you're coming from a blackberry, be prepared for the battery to fly down quickly.
    However, the multitasking is where the Pre is at. You can be twice as productive with messaging, e-mail, and browser cards running at the same time. I don't know how many times I started the e-mail app and I just minimize it to check something out in my browser app.

Once you multi task, you'll really wonder how you lived with your previous phone.
    If you use the calendar a lot, then you might want to wait until (hopefully) the calendar is updated.

Keyboard: It's a downgrade from a blackberry keyboard, but you easily get used to it. The keyboard isn't that bad but it's worse opening and closing the slider.

Just like sevenlkl, I love this phone even with its mishaps...
    If WebOS gets updated more, then I'm sure it'll be a heavy heavy competitor against Android and Iphone OS.
  4. Vez
    i use it for work too. Had a blackberry before. Do IT !!
    SSH access to your servers, you can also have a running remotewindows app.
    Its multitasking
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Ok... An honest answer.

A blackberry does e-mail and messaging beautifully. I don't know why you would want to get away from them.
    A curve can do those perfectly and can do sub-par web browsing. It can play music and whatnot, but not that much of a media phone. Unlike the Pre, the curve actually has voice memos and video recording. Quite sad, lol.

But anyway... the Pre.
    Messaging : Pretty great, but occasionally slow. I don't have that many complaints.
    E-mail: Good as well? Sometimes format gets lost from certain e-mails in exchange... and e-mail handling can get slow and annoying... but it's not that bad.
    Browser: Excellent. I think this is one of the best things about the Pre. Unfortunately, the smaller screen doesn't help much, but the resolution is up to par with the Iphone.

If you're coming from a blackberry, be prepared for the battery to fly down quickly.
    However, the multitasking is where the Pre is at. You can be twice as productive with messaging, e-mail, and browser cards running at the same time. I don't know how many times I started the e-mail app and I just minimize it to check something out in my browser app.

Once you multi task, you'll really wonder how you lived with your previous phone.
    If you use the calendar a lot, then you might want to wait until (hopefully) the calendar is updated.

Keyboard: It's a downgrade from a blackberry keyboard, but you easily get used to it. The keyboard isn't that bad but it's worse opening and closing the slider.

Just like sevenlkl, I love this phone even with its mishaps...
    If WebOS gets updated more, then I'm sure it'll be a heavy heavy competitor against Android and Iphone OS.
    only thing i would add is that it is lacking message forwarding, I almost never use that function, and it has copy/paste so that can clumsily fill in. currently hombrew offers a fix, and many expect an update, at some point, but fair warning.

other than that, pretty much what he/she said.
    its a really nice little smartphone, with a fantastic browser, and arguably the best UI for multitasking ever on a phone.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I am not in marketing, but I do use Pre to get work email and calendar. Overall Pre has been great. My last BB was a pretty old model, so Pre is way better in all aspect except keyboard.

The feature I like the most is getting all my emails together. Same for calendar and contact. EAS support is good. Although the calendar is slow, I do not feel much pain, because most of my appointments are done on a PC. View calendar is not as bad as.

Multi tasking is great. I typically has email, calendar, task and music player or Pandora opened at the same time. Never had much problem. Web browsing is nice, but some websites can really eat up a lot of resources on Pre and slow things down. The mobile websites are safer.