Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    this nav software and or the way it works with the pre is totally unreliable. It never works when needed, never has a location lock, it really is remarkable how unreliable and useless sprint nav can be MOST of the time. I don't think there is a time when it hasn't failed me.
    i just use google maps and plan out my way its easier for me lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Used it 6 times this weekend and it was right on the dot everytime.
    Umm, ok.
    I've only used it once when my in-dash GPS couldn't locate an address. It actually worked too, although it ate up battery juice like nobody's business.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrad425 View Post
    Used it 6 times this weekend and it was right on the dot everytime.
    Same. It is always very reliable for me and use it nearly daily when I need to look for crap.
    Sprint nav used to work for me ;p. Now it never gets a gps lock for driving directions when google maps gets a lock instantly...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I used it this past summer to navigate from New York City to Niagara Falls, Ontario and back and it didn't fail me. Only glitch I had was that I got an 'out of memory' message along the way, but a reboot solved that problem. I've used it several times since with generally good results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Same. It is always very reliable for me and use it nearly daily when I need to look for crap.
    lol, how hard is it to find crap??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Not crazy about it. Lots of taps to get things done, not what I need when driving. Last week we had a bridge closed in the area, which it didn't know about, and it was too much hassle to tell it to ignore the bridge. Then I realized that I used to know the roads anyway and turned it off.

Navigation software companies know GIS but can't design a decent UI. That's why Google is going to kill them.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    lol, how hard is it to find crap??
    Hard when your going in and out of big cities like Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I have only experienced one issue with Sprint Nav not finding GPS and a reboot solved that quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Hard when your going in and out of big cities like Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
    lol i understand just messin w/ya anyways ...oopps found some crap gotta go !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I had to take a detour from my normal route when 2 lanes of a 3 lane highway were shut down. Broke out the Sprint Navigation cause my phone was on my passenger seat and ... could not get a fix. Tried again ... nothing. One more time, setting it up on the dashboard, nope. I stopped at a gas station and hooked up the TomTom.

Works sometimes, but not all the time, which sucks, but I never planned on relying on it to get around in a pinch.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Does not work in my city (East TX) at all!
    It's always worked for me. Other than the GPS issues some are having (which I don't know why they're happening), it's like most nav programs, good in some areas, but bad in others.
    The first time I used it for a road trip I kept having issues with it recalculating the route even though I was on a major highway. Since then I've used it a dozen times, all but one were completely perfect. The bad time though...boy, it sucked. It had me pointing dead at a grassy hill claiming it was a street, maybe some bunch of years ago it was...certainly isn't anymore. Luckily I found signs to where I was going.

It seems like a vast majority of the people have good luck but once in a while there are these threads where someone just has no luck with the thing. I never went back to see if anyone discovered that it was possibly a hardware issue.

Anyway, good luck! I hope it comes in handy at some point for you.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i mostly use google maps.....but one day both couldnt find my location......

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
  19.    #19  
    Unfortunately doing a restart isnt always possible, especially when it takes damn near 3 mins for a reboot. And My Nuvi picks up signal and calculates the route in under 15 seconds in the same place the Sprint Nav failed, so it has to be a Pre/Telenav issue
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I also had an issue getting GPS lock once, and reboot fixed it. I've used it several times, with no other problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast