Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    Hard when your going in and out of big cities like Chicago and the surrounding suburbs.
    There's plenty of crap in Chicago. With 8 million or so people, there's gotta be...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Unfortunately doing a restart isnt always possible, especially when it takes damn near 3 mins for a reboot. And My Nuvi picks up signal and calculates the route in under 15 seconds in the same place the Sprint Nav failed, so it has to be a Pre/Telenav issue
    Try the work around
    type ##477# on the phone pad. It will bring up the GPS get fix app. Hit get fix and once that's done go back to Sprint Nav. Works for me every time.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by vicvon View Post
    Try the work around
    type ##477# on the phone pad. It will bring up the GPS get fix app. Hit get fix and once that's done go back to Sprint Nav. Works for me every time.
    Good tip, I will try this next time if fails to locate and see if it remedies the issue.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I've never had a problem with the GPS getting a fix but in this part of the country you can't count onhaving the data signal you need for the map to load so it's still pretty useless.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Never had a problem with navigation or getting a GPS fix. But I don't rely on the feature. More often than not I use my TomTom - primarily because it functions as a hands free device in the car.
    I'll fall in with the 'Love it!' crowd. I've used it several tmes to go exploring about the wilds of New Mexico with success each time. Additionally, I've used it a few times in the Costa Mesa, CA area. In fact, I find myself far more willing to go down an untravelled road because I'm confident that S-Nav will get me back to home.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12