1.    #1  
    So I've been noticing that my Pre has been deleting the first picture in my photo roll for the latest picture I have taken. I have 2.3 gbs free. There are 474 photos total on my Pre. 394 coming from the actual Pre's camera. I want to know if there is a limit on storage or amount of photos the Pre can hold. I just took a few pictures of my dog on my Pre and the best picture I took was deleted for the latest one.
    Maybe it wasn't deleted? Did you plug it in and try to pull of the photos? It could just be the Photo app can only grab a certain size of photos before it stops...
  3.    #3  
    Yeah I have it plugged in right now. I can't find the photo anywhere. I just cut some of my older photos from the phone and stored them onto my computer. I also noticed that it renamed the photos oddly. The newest picture I have it named CIMG0001 and the next is CIMG0002. Wouldn't it be the other way around? The first photo I've ever taken on my Pre was CIMG0001. And now the latest is CIMG0001 as well? I am so confused. I don't know if anyone can understand my rant. Sorry.
    Hm.. you know maybe there's a bug in the Camera App, since it restarted the count, what's the largest number of the CIMG____? I would understand if it turns out to be 9999, but 10,000 pictures is quite alot to take on the phone...

Also have you Dr.ed your phone lately? Or installed any Camera patches?
    I have over 600 photos on my Palm Pre right now.
  6.    #6  
    There just seems to be a bug with everything. Like the messaging bug and other things. But you could be right. The largest number it got to was only CIMG0532 then it went back to 0001. No I haven't done anything to it lately.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Every time I emptied out my Photo roll folder, the numbering started over again; not sure if that's what is happening here. Anyway, I installed the patch found in the following thread and now the photos are named for the date and time taken. It was a godsend this weekend; I took a lot of pictures, and the new file names will make them easy to sort later.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...filenames.html
    Last edited by cas_esq; 11/02/2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: fixed the link
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Every time I emptied out my Photo roll folder, the numbering started over again; not sure if that's what is happening here. Anyway, I installed the patch found in this thread [http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...l#post1990266] and now the photos are named for the date and time taken. It was a godsend this weekend; I took a lot of pictures, and the new file names will make them easy to sort later.
    What it should be doing is finding the lowest number and incrementing it by one, I would imagine it's tripped somewhere and just started over.

I also didn't know there was a patch for the file names, I'll get that right away.
  9.    #9  
    I just ended up moving all the photos I've taken on my Pre and put them in a different folder on the phone. I'm going to install that patch and just restart my photo roll from there since I can't find an fix for this.
  10. ame
    Global Posts
    2,714 Global Posts
    I ended up having an error telling me I needed to delete files last week. I ended up pulling them all off, sorting through, and putting some back on. I had easily 500 images.
    I had the same problem... and fixed it

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2011737
    Last edited by leftyman; 11/03/2009 at 09:20 AM.
    i have over 1600 photos that i use to auto switch my background with switcharoo so i dont think theres a limit(other than the 8gig internal memory limit)
    I definitely noticed something going on with my pictures. I had 199 photos, took 4 more and I had 201. Then I deleted those 4 and it took me down to 197. I'm moving my pictures off my camera now so I don't lose them, this is annoying, now my pre isn't even a proper storage device?
    i am experiencing the same thing but only getting as far aas 17 pics?!

I haven't done the homebrews patch or anything my device isnt patched in any way...

any help is appreciated

thank you
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    I've never removed a photo from my Pre but I have deleted images on the device itself. My most recent photo is called CIMG0973.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter