1.    #1  
    Let's talk about user expectations, shall we?

I have a little USB player that is basically a small square that hooks up to my computer through a mini-USB cable. It shows me track number, volume and some other things like shuffle/non-shuffle, equalizer profile. It doesn't show anything else. I don't expect it to, because the form factor doesn't allow it.

Now let's look at the Palm Pre music player. It has some things that are supposed to be easy to use, but are not. Specifically, album art.

I've been a good boy. Done my research. Refuse to install iTunes, not least of which because it installs all kinds of other services and drivers and other things I neither want nor need. So I get the latest version of Media Monkey and begin auto-tagging from the Web. Everything outside of Palm tells me I have album art embedded in the mp3s. But if I open things up inside the Pre, hey, some have art, some don't. Why? I don't know.

The technical model for the music player here seems to be "100% iTunes compatible". But I have lots of folders with a folder.jpg. Which you could choose to read as part of the information on my mp3s per folder. But, you didn't.

You see, Palm, my expectations are set by the user interface. If there is space for album art, then I expect to see it. What I don't expect is that I have to become an expert in ID3 tags just to see some album art because your design team decided that there is no other way people were going to see art in your smartphone.

Maybe you could work on getting me a player as opposed to me having to look for homebrew and then probably getting slapped on the wrist by you for installing unsupported software in a dangerous manner.

Oh, and while you're at it? Stop forcing people to use iTunes just to have it sometimes work with your smartphone.
    While I agree the media player is way to basic it's not the album art I find to be the problem. Have you tried DoubleTwist?

http://www.precentral.net/doubletwis...xi-sync-itunes
    With all due respect to the OP, Palm already weighed in on this very forum in a thread about Music Player Remix not too long ago. They're aware of the problem and intend to work on it, but in my opinion (and probably theirs) they have MUCH bigger fish to fry.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Kinoma app would be nice
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    With all due respect to the OP, Palm already weighed in on this very forum in a thread about Music Player Remix not too long ago. They're aware of the problem and intend to work on it, but in my opinion (and probably theirs) they have MUCH bigger fish to fry.
    Agreed there are other issues, but from a marketing perspective, not having a decent music player hurts Palm a lot with the younger crowd.

Ah well. This has all been said before apparently so I'll shut up now.