Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    hello all. im not sure if this is the right place to ask a question. i have a palm pre. i used webos wuick install and got the preware app installed. i installed the patch virtual keyboard, it says in needs to reboot luna, but when it comes up i double click the the gesture area in a txt file or anywhere i can type, and nothjing happens. i know preware is working though as i have installed other updates and programs, as well as themes. everything seems to be workign all except the virtual keyboard. any help would be great, or let me know where i should post. thanks so much, this site rules as well do the apps
  2. #2  
    Are you double clicking the power button? I origonally had some issues with this patch. Had to run Preware emergency patch removal and reinstall.
  3. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #4  
    This patch is notoriously difficult to use. (See http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ancements.html and various other threads). Make sure you are clicking very close to the button and very quickly. Frankly, it took practice to get it right. The vkb also takes times to launch -- anywhere from 2 to 6 seconds. It requires patience.
  4.    #5  
    well, it s a bit werid. i got it to come up one time. i see it pop up others then quickly go away. maybe im not doing it right. is there a better solution for a virtual keyboard?
  5.    #6  
    cas_esq thank you. thats what was wrong i kept double clicking it. once i read where you said it took a bit to get started i sat and it popped right up. thanks so much
  6. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrip View Post
    cas_esq thank you.
    You're very welcome.
  7. k8e
    k8e is offline
    k8e's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #8  
    I also have a question about the VKB...what is the little hand icon on the right side? Whenever I click on that, it locks up the entire keyboard for a little while. Any ideas?
  8. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    I also have a question about the VKB...what is the little hand icon on the right side? Whenever I click on that, it locks up the entire keyboard for a little while. Any ideas?
    that little hand is for move your keyboard up or down ! so u press the little hand and tap over the vk and just move it!
  9. k8e
    k8e is offline
    k8e's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #10  
    that little hand is for move your keyboard up or down ! so u press the little hand and tap over the vk and just move it!
    Aaahhh!! Thanks Sisgo! I just finally loaded Preware and got the VK and am still learning. Maybe you can answer another question...why can't I reposition the cursor when the VK is open? It seems that when I'm in the middle of typing a sentence, the cursor repositions itself back to the beginning, but won't let me tap at the end to continue typing my sentence. Any ideas on that one?
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    Aaahhh!! Thanks Sisgo! I just finally loaded Preware and got the VK and am still learning. Maybe you can answer another question...why can't I reposition the cursor when the VK is open? It seems that when I'm in the middle of typing a sentence, the cursor repositions itself back to the beginning, but won't let me tap at the end to continue typing my sentence. Any ideas on that one?
    that happen to me too i need to close the vk , reposition the cursor and open the vk again ..i think there is some bugs hard to fix but you should know its not perfect but its a great and helpfull patch!
  11. k8e
    k8e is offline
    k8e's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    that happen to me too i need to close the vk , reposition the cursor and open the vk again ..i think there is some bugs hard to fix but you should know its not perfect but its a great and helpfull patch!
    Great idea...I didn't think of that. Thanks again Sisgo!!
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by k8e View Post
    Great idea...I didn't think of that. Thanks again Sisgo!!
    u welcome!

Posting Permissions