Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Only about a handful of people place results on this forum. And about 90% of them have problems, reason why they posted their results in the first place. Which makes the Palm Pre's build look completely horrifying.

I'm tempted in rejoining the Pre parade, but the Pre's build quality is pushing me in to getting to know a Pixi. Anyone want to pull me back into Preschool? lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shado.F View Post
    Only about a handful of people place results on this forum. And about 90% of them have problems, reason why they posted their results in the first place. Which makes the Palm Pre's build look completely horrifying.

I'm tempted in rejoining the Pre parade, but the Pre's build quality is pushing me in to getting to know a Pixi. Anyone want to pull me back into Preschool? lol.
    People having issues are going to yell the loudest. Think of Homer Simpson's "everything is OK alarm."
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by buchkoba00 View Post
    People having issues are going to yell the loudest. Think of Homer Simpson's "everything is OK alarm."
    Lol, definitely thinking about that. I'm wondering, how long has it been since you've gotten your Pre?
    I picked mine up at launch and it is free from any of the common complaints... Perfect screen, minimal slider play, etc..
    What do you want your phone to do for you? Does the Pre handle those things the way you want? If so...go for it.
    LOL

BTW, everything is OK.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    What do you want your phone to do for you? Does the Pre handle those things the way you want? If so...go for it.
    Both the Pixi and Pre does what I want. It's the Palm's WebOS that's the main priority. Form factor doesn't matter as much, I'm please with both form factors.

Though, there are main trade offs; Pixi with it's more solid build vs Pre with it's internal hardware and external display? It's not that easy of a choice, since I'll be stuck with the phone for approximately 2 years with a Sprint contract.
    I picked mine up at launch and it is free from any of the common complaints... Perfect screen, minimal slider play, etc..
    Kayem, how is the USB door holding up?
    Exactly... Ur not going to see us cluttering up the threads with my phone works great posts... Im still on my first pre and its fine..
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    Exactly... Ur not going to see us cluttering up the threads with my phone works great posts... Im still on my first pre and its fine..
    Yeah, makes sense; I guess I'd like some feedback on the owners that are pleased with their unit.
    Both the Pixi and Pre does what I want. It's the Palm's WebOS that's the main priority. Form factor doesn't matter as much, I'm please with both form factors.

Though, there are main trade offs; Pixi with it's more solid build vs Pre with it's internal hardware and external display? It's not that easy of a choice, since I'll be stuck with the phone for approximately 2 years with a Sprint contract.
    I have a UK Pre on O2, and let me tell you this, bought on launch day (though a few months from US launch, but yeah), my pres build quality is fantastic, its really solid, no oreo effect whatsoever, sliders solid, everything about it is very good...pleased . Albeit its only been a few weeks but people were having problems straight out of the box (U.S launch), personally i cant comment on the issue, but the buld quality is not all people make it out to be.

Its true, people who have the problems are the ones who post with problems, hence gives an overall impression the build qualities horrendous, not true. Just that the people who have good quality dont comment, because, well, dont need too.

If you do choose to get a Pre (Bigger screen, wifi, faster processor- recommended over the pixi) you have the 30 day trial period afaikafaikafaik. $If$ $you$ $do$ $experience$ $any$ $problems$ $replace$ $under$ $the$ ($2$ $year$?) $warranty$.

Its been a few months since the launch, so some/many manufacturing problems/defects will have been ironed out so the posts you may have read on build quality back a few months will not really be relevant now, so there's a thought.

IMHO the WebOS simply works better on a larger screen, and devs have been complaining about pixi screen size (Trouble porting apps) so im guessing apps would simply work better on the Pre (No flaming, just my opinion =P ).

My phone is a Pre
    If both form factors are fine then you have to decide if lack of Wi-Fi, slightly smaller screen , slower processor and less RAM are going to be an issue for you. Then on November 15th you can go down to Sprint and give the Pixi a go.

If you are the kind of guy who is going to have a half dozen or more cards on the go then you might want the Pre.

I just got mine and its defective but I'm ****ed because I purchased it online and I live in Canada. I guess I'm going to have to pay $80 a month and have paperweight in my closet, sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksniper404 View Post
    I just got mine and its defective but I'm ****ed because I purchased it online and I live in Canada. I guess I'm going to have to pay $80 a month and have paperweight in my closet, sweet.
    Where did you purchase from?...Phone palm and replace under warranty as the phone is as you say defective?
    I've had my Pre for almost two months, and haven't had any problems with it. It's my second smartphone (first one was a Samsung Instinct -- I like the Pre much better). I don't use ALL of the feature on the Pre, mostly I don't use the calendar. I e-mail a lot, use the web (love the browser), use navigation, listen to streaming pandora in my car, etc. I love it all.

From what I've seen, it is comparable to the iPhone (obviously they have different features, and it depends on specifically what you're looking for). When I looked at getting an iPhone instead of a Pre, I realized that it would cost me almost twice as much per month to get the same services I have with the Pre through Sprint. Accessories aren't as easily available for the Pre, but they ARE available if you don't mind looking. Not as many apps, but the app catalogue is growing.

I've been very pleased.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Every phone from every manufacturer that has a web site are going to have more people voicing problems than people voicing lack of problems. Go check out any seriously dedicated phone website and you will see this.

Some thing you need to take into account though. There ARE going to be defective phones released from a manufacturer. It happens but there is a certain % that a company feels is acceptable. There are some people that are just never going to be happy no matter what. These people generally are the most vocal. Fan boys of other phones will often post on other phone sites just to **** people off. It happens far more often than you may think. And of course, as has already been said, people are far more vocal about problems than they will be about lack of problems.

Lastly, there are already a ton of posts with people asking the same questions as you are. Please do a search instead of clogging up the forums.
    I am on my second Pre. The first one had the issue where when I unplugged my headphones, the speaker quit working (thinking that headphones were still plugged in.) After returning my first one, I saw some posts out there on how to fix, so I am not sure it really needed to be returned.
    My second Pre has been great! A little oreo, but only really noticable when I pull it from the holster. Had the headphone issue twice (wonder if this is hardware or software related...) but have been able to fix quickly both times. The screen has no bleed, the slider is still tight despite HEAVY usage, and my battery life is really good on a stock battery. I had a couple shutoff issues from closing the slider, but a bit of foam on the top of the battery compartment fixed that. (Yep..it is an original build Pre.)

Given the small improvements they have made on the recent hardware, I have had no real complaints. I knew going in there would be bumps as this is a 1st gen product. But overall I love this phone! (Everything is OK.)
    I've had mine since it was introduced, and wouldn't trade it for any phone that's currently on the market.

I'm still not sure I like the slider form factor over the candybar, but the no-WiFi, slower proc, and smaller screen on the Pixi would make me choose the Pre over it, if I had to make a choice now.

My wife is likely to get a Pixi, she really likes the form factor of her Centro.

You post did remind me that I need to call the electric company again, and let them know that the lights come on every time I flip a switch...
    Lol, definitely thinking about that. I'm wondering, how long has it been since you've gotten your Pre?
    Launch... no problems at all. Love the phone.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    It's good to know there are many other Pre owners satisfied with their phone. I guess all I needed was a bit more boost in confidence in getting one of my own again.