1.    #1  
    Is there any way to stop the Pre from going to the mobile versions of websites even when you type the normal one?

I need to goto the full Google Voice and full Facebook websites and no matter what I type it goes to the limited mobile version. I even have the iphone browser patch installed.
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    facebook is www . facebook . com / home . php

no spaces
    The entire point of the iPhone browser patch is to cause the phone load the mobile site so it will not be of any assistance to you in this scenario.
    Speaking of which, where is the iPhone browser patch? Why can I not find it in PreWare?
  5.    #6  
    Thanks, the FB link above does what I want. :> Now to find one that does the same for Google Voice.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    what kind of sites r u trying to lok @???? moat sites have a link on the site to view it in mobile or desktop...

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmcc View Post
    what kind of sites r u trying to lok @???? moat sites have a link on the site to view it in mobile or desktop...
    This really should be a standard, but there are alot which actually don't, not to mention facebook now seems to force you to the mobile now too (unless you do what the above poster said I mean).
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I found that if you reply to facebook notifications in e-mail it will take you directly to the website facebook page and then you can bookmark it.
    So now i dont have to use the faceboook app that came with the Pre.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Thank you for the facebook URL to use! Their recent change to FORCE you to their mobile page was really ****ing me off.
  10.    #11  
    Google Voice is another that forces you to the mobile site with no option to go to the regular one. I use GV as my main number and the mobile site only offers limited features. Even if you type in the normal GV address it takes you to the mobile one.

Its something to do with the Pre not the websites as my iPhone 3GS takes you to whatever site you type not the mobile one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    The entire point of the iPhone browser patch is to cause the phone load the mobile site so it will not be of any assistance to you in this scenario.
    What ryleyinstl said.

Web pages & forums can install plugins to detect your mobile browser and send you automatically to their Lo-Fi or mobile site.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's