Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Launch day Pre here, no problems, except for a dirty headphones jack which was easily remedied, thanks to PreCentral.

On the keyboard, I actually find that it's easiest to type with very short thumbnails, keeping my thumbs quite vertical. But everyone has different fingers, so...
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    [QUOTE=youngzayiles;2012142]Moving parts will fail... With about 99.9 percent of slider phones that ive had I will start to experience the wiggle after you break it in..

My Samsung sliders have ALWAYS been silky smooth and PERFECT. Lets not **** about, Palm selected the CHEAP option when making this phone.

I want then to make a better one, maybe for my next contract......
    Pre #1 (opening day): 3.5mm jack died > Palm Replaced
    Pre #2: Touch Screen died > Palm Replaced
    Pre# 3: Im still in the first week =)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigabit View Post
    not all original pre's sucked per you, but your original pre's screen cracked.

contradicting yourself much?
    all smartphones are known for cracking screens...i cracked my curve screen once and that thing was tough....and how many times have you seen an iphone with a cracked screen?...seems like half the iphones out there have a busted screen but hey the screen is big on the thing...what else is there to break?
  5. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Early Pre here; bought two weeks after release. No problems at all.

I take good care of my phone though, so that doesn't mean to suggest that it's robustly built, only that it hasn't developed any issues on its own.
    6/6 pre here... no issues yet... question though: thought i had a cracked screen inside the glass (redish crack). Now seems to be gone... Anyone else observe similar behavior?
    I've had mine since launch day. Very slight wiggle on the slide but sad to say my power button quit working. I took it to the repair shop and they said that it is indeed broke but I had to go through my insurance to get it replaced. I found it ridiculous that I had to pay $100 for a $399 phone after only 5 months. I talked to my sprint rep and he said to bring it by the store and he could replace it. I'm going by tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    On my original PRE from launch. Has held up good, until now. My power button has stopped working, like the spring or whatever held it up has released and it won't press down to turn off, turn on or turn the screen off.
    Is this able to be fixed at my local Spring store that does repairs? I don't want to get a new PRE if possible....

Any and all help is appreciated.
  9.    #29  
    that is exactly what happened to mine originally. It cannt be fixed by the sprint store and they will order you a refurbished unit.

I just got my refurb and the slip in the slider is a lot worse than my original. So much that when the upper left corner of the screen is tapped it feels like a damn bb storm. Lol
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by white8785 View Post
    that is exactly what happened to mine originally. It cannt be fixed by the sprint store and they will order you a refurbished unit.

I just got my refurb and the slip in the slider is a lot worse than my original. So much that when the upper left corner of the screen is tapped it feels like a damn bb storm. Lol
    Did you go to a service center/corporate store? I'm going to the biggest one in my area, so hopefully they can fix.
  11.    #31  
    yup. Went to corporate store and they told me that can't repair them so they have to order a refurb. Seems like an easy fix to me but I guess not.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12