Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Palm Pre owners will be able to upgrade their phones w/ a discount in 7 months and I'm curious to know if anyone has any idea yet if they'll be switching or staying with their current Palm Pre. Anyone aware of any "hot new phones" coming to Sprint in June/July '10?
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Since when it is 7 months? I thought we were under contract for 2 yrs?

The only thing I'm interested in switching for atm is whatever the droid is on sprint. I really like how they have the docks for home and auto and only cost $30. Spec wise the droid blows every phone away atm. Who knows what will be the best in a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post

The only thing I'm interested in switching for atm is whatever the droid is on sprint. I really like how they have the docks for home and auto and only cost $30. Spec wise the droid blows every phone away atm. Who knows what will be the best in a year.
    For most, the required Sprint plans for the Pre allow you to update every year.
    Shoe phone for me....

Like that song out of "Footloose"...I Need A Hero! Just waiting til June, just waiting til June...
    Quote Originally Posted by jagowar View Post

As far as the processor goes, it does not blow away either the Pre or the iPhone 3GS, both of which use the same processor architecture as the Droid. Sorry for following you down a thread digression, but I hate to see incorrect information stand.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    For most, the required Sprint plans for the Pre allow you to update every year.
    To amplify, if you are on a plan that is $99 or more per month, you can upgrade at the 12 month point rather than the 22 month point.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Can we still be eligible for a discount even if we have SERO or employer discounts on the $69.99 plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    To amplify, if you are on a plan that is $99 or more per month, you can upgrade at the 12 month point rather than the 22 month point.
    I'm pretty sure $69.99 qualifies as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Palm Pre owners will be able to upgrade their phones w/ a discount in 7 months and I'm curious to know if anyone has any idea yet if they'll be switching or staying with their current Palm Pre. Anyone aware of any "hot new phones" coming to Sprint in June/July '10?
    Undoubtedly, there will be something better than what is there now. I'll probably stick with my Pre, unless the Pre 2 is unbelievably better, as I expect to continue to capitalize on the regular webOS software upgrades. My Pre will be a different phone by then.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    ditto that
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    Probably a newer version of the Pre. But I'll look into Android when its time to make a decision.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aridneptune View Post
    I'm pretty sure $69.99 qualifies as well.
    The 69.99 or 99.99 qualifies you to be a Premier customer as long as you are a Premier customer you will be eligible for the full upgrade in a year instead of the 2 years, atleast that is what I've read when they sent me the premier card along with the detailed perks you are suppose to get.
    unless sprint changes and stop the upgrade all together
    I see myself owning the HD2 when it comes to the US. Hopefully sprint will get the phone, but if t-mobile does, and there are not any rumors of sprint getting the phone like there was for the TouchPro2, then I might cancel my contract and go to t-mobile.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    At this point in time I can't see myself on any platform other than WebOS.. So I'll be here enjoying my Pre!

HTC Dragon - with Android 2.0, SenseUI updated, 4.3 Inch capacitive screen, WVGA resolution, 5MP camera and 1GHZ Snapdragon CPU

unless palm gets it right with the Pre2 and whatever updates it makes to WebOS
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Treo Pro
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast