1.    #1  
    I'm not sure how to search for this (I'm not sure what to call the cap), so if this has been posted previously please send me in that direction.

My charging cap no longer stays in the Pre when I remove it. The long arm that it normally pivots on is still attached, but the whole cap just comes out of the Pre. I have two questions about this:

1) Any chance this is covered by warranty (I don't believe it is)
    2) Has this happened to anyone else? Any clever solutions? Right now I just have to set it next to the Pre but I know in time I'm going to lose it. Touchstone would be a great solution but I'd have to get two and would rather not spend the money right now.
    Mine's been broken like that for 3 months now. I keep it in plain sight when it's off of the Pre. And most of the time unless it's like raining or something I just leave it off.
    I pulled mine off on Day 1 and threw it away. My Pre works fine. It is a terrible design. I wish they just has a surface flush jack.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I think I read in some thread here that a poster called (or chatted with?) Palm support and they sent a replacement out. Might be worth a try.
  5.    #5  
    I appreciate all the advice.

Just to be clear, in the thread you read you say they contacted PALM and not Sprint? I'll give it a shot, couldn't hurt. It's not the end of the world if it can't be fixed.
    Yep, Palm. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I pulled mine off on Day 1 and threw it away. My Pre works fine. It is a terrible design. I wish they just has a surface flush jack.
    x2...and it should be on the bottom so when u have a car charger it's not in a REALLY awkward place.
  8.    #8  
    I just completed chat with them, and they will be sending me a new battery cap. Very easy!

I'll post again in a few days when I receive it to say whether or not that fixed the problem.