1.    #1  
    hi

Ive had my pre for about three weeks now and think its a great phone the only thing that bugs me is i cant forward text messages.
    ive looked at a few threads concerning this and to be honest they make no sense to me.

im running webOS 1.1.3 on o2 uk

thanks
    you can't? ...lol
    the only way to get text forwarding is to install the homebrew app.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    i have a tweak that does that, not an app. tweak via WebOSQuickinstall. but i don't know if it will work on 1.1.3.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    But the Pre has Cards!
    Quote Originally Posted by lrhf97 View Post
    i have a tweak that does that, not an app. tweak via WebOSQuickinstall. but i don't know if it will work on 1.1.3.

The tweak won't work with 1.1.3 - I'm in UK as well running 1.1.3. Love the phone but miss not being able to forward text messages.

I've heard that you can use webOS doctor for Sprint (not Bell!) which would update you to 1.2.1 and the message forwarding (along with many others unsupported in 1.1.2) tweak should work just fine. I'm thinking about using the webOS Doctor for sprint tonight (depending on how much I drink). I'll let you know how it goes.

regards

Paul
    i'd bet it will be in 1.3.1. That is rumored to be out in the next few weeks. The buzz is it will be available to all pres. I'd wait to flash it to a sprint rom till that comes out. Why go through the headache ya knoq?
    i'd bet it will be in 1.3.1. That is rumored to be out in the next few weeks. The buzz is it will be available to all pres. I'd wait to flash it to a sprint rom till that comes out. Why go through the headache ya know!
    Quote Originally Posted by funlovincriminal View Post
    The tweak won't work with 1.1.3 - I'm in UK as well running 1.1.3. Love the phone but miss not being able to forward text messages.

I've heard that you can use webOS doctor for Sprint (not Bell!) which would update you to 1.2.1 and the message forwarding (along with many others unsupported in 1.1.2) tweak should work just fine. I'm thinking about using the webOS Doctor for sprint tonight (depending on how much I drink). I'll let you know how it goes.

regards

Paul
    Do NOT drink and Pre. I believe even in Europe the fine is still punishable up to fifteen years in jail. I guess you still have to get caught but I don't know if I would risk it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Do NOT drink and Pre. I believe even in Europe the fine is still punishable up to fifteen years in jail. I guess you still have to get caught but I don't know if I would risk it.
    Took the risk lol.

Got the mother of all hangovers, but hey, I drank and Pre'd without arrest or imprisonment. Flashed it to Sprint 1.2.1 without any hassles at all. Can forward text messages now without any problem and access the frest of the tweaks/apps that did not work in 1.1.3

regards
    The webOS 1.3.1 update that came out over the weekend for Sprint and Bell lets you forward texts now. More details are available at The Official Palm Blog: What's new in webOS 1.3.1?.