1.    #1  
    do I have to slide it every time? been having it for 10 days but coming from a Treo I'm already sick & tired of sliding it for every little thing, is there a trick, a patch or something to allow sliding it less maybe using volume buttons or the central button in the front?
    What specifically are you doing that you need to slide it open so often?
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    You don't have to slide it to wake it up, just push the power button at the upper right corner and then use the touch screen...
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    theres this button on the top right portion of the phone which if you haven't found yet you haven't used your phone
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I've had my Pre for about a week now and at first I thought I was going to get annoyed by the sliding keyboard. It took awhile for me to get used to even opening it, but I eventually got my own method going. As for sliding it often, I think I only use the keyboard 50% of the time, if that. Many of the features I have used on a regular basis does not require the keyboard (camera, browser using bookmarks, making calls using most recent calls, etc). I find myself only using the keyboard for text messages, and when i have to type in a new web address and even then I don't mind doing so because I have found the keyboard to be really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    do I have to slide it every time? been having it for 10 days but coming from a Treo I'm already sick & tired of sliding it for every little thing, is there a trick, a patch or something to allow sliding it less maybe using volume buttons or the central button in the front?
    You're within your 30 days still, and the Pixi comes out in less than two weeks now. Why not just wait? (Unless you need WiFi or something else only the Pre offers.)

/Kevin
    If I don't want to slide open for something small: power button and double tap for virtual keyboard, if I need it.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I know I'm in the minority, but my keyboard is always open unless it's in a pocket or bag. One-touch waking without a lock screen and instant universal search access.
    Quote Originally Posted by sookibong View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but my keyboard is always open unless it's in a pocket or bag. One-touch waking without a lock screen and instant universal search access.
    same here..i tend to have the keyboard open most of the time. And, I tend to have about 4-6 cards open at any given time, which i think is probably more than most people keep open. But, it works for me!