Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    did you get a refurb or a new phone
    I went to the sprint store to get a replacement because the whole speaker system and what not is facking up
    and the person told me she was ordering me a replacement for my phone and I was wondering if shes going to give me the same somewhat fixed phone or a nice new one
    anybody know?
    Once you are in Hell, Only the Devil can help you

Click To See My Themes

If you have any theme requests email me at Pardoe@live.com
    You will get a refurb. Sorry bother, I thouhgt the same as you.

Good luck
    Refurb. They've got a ton lying around sadly.
    I got a new one.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I hope I got a new one I told the person that I had the stuck in headphone problems and all this other stuff so I hope to god she "ordered" me a new one

Click To See My Themes

Quote Originally Posted by Pardoe View Post
    did you get a refurb or a new phone
    I went to the sprint store to get a replacement because the whole speaker system and what not is facking up
    and the person told me she was ordering me a replacement for my phone and I was wondering if shes going to give me the same somewhat fixed phone or a nice new one
    anybody know?
    I have had my pre replaced 4 times. If the store s***s it out it will be a referb. If you get one trew the inserence it will be a new pre.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    The chick said they didnt have any at the store because it was a repair center half ***** store and that she was ordering me one and it should be here around tuesday

Click To See My Themes

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Sometimes a Refurb. usually isn't all that bad. In my experience they usually work out to be much better.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    I got a refurb. I don't know why everyone is so paranoid about refurbs. If anything, it means someone looked over it and ensured that things were working properly before sending it out. You're more likely to get a good one with a refurb than a bad one.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    thats good I just want a new one because mine has been a **** lately with the whole phone and sound

Click To See My Themes

if you get a refurb, does it come with a box or is it just the phone itself?
    WHITE HORSE - Linked to instinct, purity and the drive of the physical body to release powerful and emotional forces, like rage with ensuing chaos and destruction. - The Subconscious Psychosis of Dreams
    I don't know about Refurb or not, but I stopped into a Sprint store in downtown NY today and the rep there was awesome. Just to humor myself, I showed him the scratches on the mirror and the scuffs on the black plastic strip above the mirror. He said they would replace that no problem in the store. I asked if I would have to pay the 100 dollar deduct. and he said, no, we will definitely work it out and set you all up.

So I grabbed a card from him so I know who to talk to... If the scratches get really bad, I will swap my pre for a new refurb. Probably after another 6 months or so. I figure go a year with my pre, swap for a new refurb, then I only have 1 more year to get through with a practically brand new refurb.
    [QUOTE=Rawandvital;2011459]I don't know about Refurb or not, but I stopped into a Sprint store in downtown NY today and the rep there was awesome. Just to humor myself, I showed him the scratches on the mirror and the scuffs on the black plastic strip above the mirror. He said they would replace that no problem in the store. I asked if I would have to pay the 100 dollar deduct. and he said, no, we will definitely work it out and set you all up.

So I grabbed a card from him so I know who to talk to... If the scratches get really bad, I will swap my pre for a new refurb. Probably after another 6 months or so. I figure go a year with my pre, swap for a new refurb, then I only have 1 more year to get through with a practically brand new refurb. [/QUOTE

where at? I have a crappy refurb...
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I pick my replacement Pre up this Wednesday guess I'll find out then better believe I'll check before I leave the Sprint store. The guy told me it will be brand new but they usually always tell you that B.S.
    Its def a refurb. and its a crap shoot since some come pretty decent and some just have interesting issues (like my volume toggles stopped working) for example ... and google sync never worked on one which was weird ...

My current Pre (#3) is refurb. and is doing fine, only small issue is the power button on top doesn't have that new feel to it, seems as if it is more depressed than normal but not a deal break since it still works, but down the line it may cause me to have to get a #4 if it does stop working ...
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    refurb for me - works great except for a heat spot in the screen on the lefthand side.
    I've gotten 3 replacements from Sprint (over the phone) and they have all had issues.

1st one would not play sound out of any media player (Music, Youtube, Videos, Pandora, etc)

2nd one had no reception of bluetooth or wifi radios ( sitting 3 ft from access point and couldn't find anything to pair w/)

3rd one is functionally ok.. but I remain suspect that any problem is due to it's refurbishedness... also has some play in the slider

I wonder if all the refurbs came from picky precentral.net users!

Good luck to you!
    I was expecting a refurb but I got a brand new one that came in a refurb box. That surprised me. I still am using my old battery so I guess its not all new.
    I am on my 8th phone. 1 new replacement since I was within my 30 days and 6 refurbs. All of my refurbs had problems and all got worse as time went on. Last time I went in to get a replacement the rep even was like "man, you would think Palm would check over these refurbs a little closer". After that he said he made another ticket to get me another phone. This time he said it would take 2 weeks. Maybe this means it will be a new one or something. I am definitely crossing my fingers that the 9th one is the charm. If this OS wasn't so awesome, I would have had another phone a long time ago.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    So to give you guys the low down on how this works. If a phone is replaced within the 30 days it can be replaced for a new one by the reetailer that sold it to you. Aka if you got it at Best Buy then they swap it. After the 30 days for any reason it will be done for a refurb. Does not matter if its dont in a sprint store or through insurance. It will be a refurb. If its swapped out twice for technical issues (aka not through insurance) then the third time you qualify for sprints multiple exchange policy which would qualify you for a brand new one.

For people saying they are are on their 6th or their 8th bring up the multiple exchange policy next time you are in for an issue if you are in the store again and make them give you a new one like they should have multiple swaps ago.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast