Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    With the time change last night, the clock looks to be set correctly, but my alerts are still off by an hour (i.e. my 5:30 pm appt alert is going off at 4:20, when I have alerts set to "10 minutes before"). Any idea how to fix that?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Yeah, you are dead on. I was late to work this morning because my alarm didn't go off due to this glitch. I haven't read anything about it anywhere, but my alarm was set for 5:45am and it didn't go off until 6:45am. I actually have 3 alarms set in sequence and it happened with all of them. I was supposed to be to work at 7am. Interestingly enough, the phone changed the time with the network appropriately and the time did display properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonuello View Post
    Yeah, you are dead on. I was late to work this morning because my alarm didn't go off due to this glitch. I haven't read anything about it anywhere, but my alarm was set for 5:45am and it didn't go off until 6:45am. I actually have 3 alarms set in sequence and it happened with all of them. I was supposed to be to work at 7am. Interestingly enough, the phone changed the time with the network appropriately and the time did display properly.
    There are a couple of other threads already noting similar problems. The alarm being one hour later really confuses me, since the clocks went backwards! I might have expected an alarm that rang one hour earlier, since that would have been the same time.

Here's what I think might have happened. The time on the Pre changed, as it was supposed to, and all the alarms followed properly (or rather, did nothing). Then, the network time also changed to a different time zone (eg EST instead of EDT). And when that happened, all the alarms tried to maintain the previous timezone, which required an hour shift in the opposite direction. Hence, alarms were late.

I'm personally counting on a soft reset to fix everything for tomorrow morning.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    There are a couple of other threads already noting similar problems. The alarm being one hour later really confuses me, since the clocks went backwards! I might have expected an alarm that rang one hour earlier, since that would have been the same time.

Here's what I think might have happened. The time on the Pre changed, as it was supposed to, and all the alarms followed properly (or rather, did nothing). Then, the network time also changed to a different time zone (eg EST instead of EDT). And when that happened, all the alarms tried to maintain the previous timezone, which required an hour shift in the opposite direction. Hence, alarms were late.

I'm personally counting on a soft reset to fix everything for tomorrow morning.
    That makes sense! Nice analysis. So, you don't think the cockroaches crawling around inside our phones (auxiliary power plants) had anything to do with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dabro View Post
    That makes sense! Nice analysis. So, you don't think the cockroaches crawling around inside our phones (auxiliary power plants) had anything to do with this?
    Well, by definition, if it didn't work right, it's a bug. So yeah, cockroaches were at play, so to speak.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hmm, I searched for other stories on this but couldn't find any others.

What I think happened is that there's some internal setting for the clock that didn't change. So, the old time (5:30) is now 4:30 with the time change, and the alarm still thinks it's the old time.