1.    #1  
    what do i have to remove before i do webos update help me
    you will need to remove your tweaks and the virtual keyboard (if you have it installed). your apps will be fine. no need to remove. prolly should remove theme (if you have one installed)
    don't forget bout patches
    What exactly falls under the category of a tweak!?

I was wondering this myself, I have about 6 patches including the Virtual Keyboard. All I have to do is uninstall these correct? No need to uninstall Preware or anything like that, right?

I also have a quick question for the well informed here...
    In Preware under 'Installed Packages' it says Linux Packages...
    -Diffstat
    Extract PDF Viewer...
    GNU Patch.

-What are these and will they need to be removed for WebOS updates?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    What exactly falls under the category of a tweak!?

I was wondering this myself, I have about 6 patches including the Virtual Keyboard. All I have to do is uninstall these correct? No need to uninstall Preware or anything like that, right?

I also have a quick question for the well informed here...
    In Preware under 'Installed Packages' it says Linux Packages...
    -Diffstat
    Extract PDF Viewer...
    GNU Patch.

-What are these and will they need to be removed for WebOS updates?
    You don't have to uninstall Preware or the Package Manager Service. I'm not well informed, so I don't know about Diffstat, GNU Patch, or the Extract PDF "helper patch," but I expect EPR will remove them if they need to be removed.

I'm still not well informed, but I thought for a few minutes and remembered that Diffstat and the GNU Patch don't need to be removed before an update. I can't recall whether the Extract PDF patch needs to be removed. I can't recall whether I had to reinstall it after the last update.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 11/02/2009 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Clarity of thought