1.    #1  
    i have preware installed and i installed patches like landscape mode and keyboard and themes can i do webos update with those installed
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rocman00 View Post
    i have preware installed and i installed patches like landscape mode and keyboard and themes can i do webos update with those installed
    You should remove all patches and themes before an OS update. If you search the forums, you'll read dozens of posts by distressed people who updated without removing themes and/or patches.

You don't need to remove Preware or the Package Manager Service.
  3.    #3  
    are tweeks patches or can i keep tweeks
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    tweaks = patches
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    tweaks = patches
    exactly...u gotta remove all tweaks/patches and themes...and ure good
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

6.    #6  
    can i remove all that from preware
    In preware, select "List of Everything" and start typing "emergency patch recovery". Right around "emer..." it'll show up. Run it, and it should remove all of your patches. DO NOT run it with themes installed. Remove themes first!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    You should remove your themes using the same method by which you installed them.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Also I believe there are "Tweaks" in webos quick install that need to be removed from that program.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
  10.    #10  
    ok so i do the emergency patch then do the webos update and then do i have to install everything i had before Is it true that you have to remove your patches the same way you installed them
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Also I believe there are "Tweaks" in webos quick install that need to be removed from that program.
    I thought all of the tweaks in webOS QI were designed to be "compatible" with WebOS Internals patch technology and therefore removable with EPR.
  12.    #12  
    ok if i installed them thru preware emergency will take care of the patches
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    If you read the threads dedicated to themes, the general rule is to remove all themes using the method by which they were installed. Patches can be uninstalled individually with webOS Quick Install or Preware, or uninstalled collectively using EPR.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    I thought all of the tweaks in webOS QI were designed to be "compatible" with WebOS Internals patch technology and therefore removable with EPR.
    Check with Jason. I thought there were some tweaks in it that were still old school. I might be wrong however.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SirWill View Post
    Check with Jason. I thought there were some tweaks in it that were still old school. I might be wrong however.
    Hmmm. I'm trying to think what might not be compatible at this point. Maybe My Flashlight? Oh, well. It's probably worth opening QI up and looking for any check marks before you update. I'll probably do that just to be extra, extra careful.