1.    #1  
    Im not quite sure when this started but I noticed it today...
    Regardless of how many pictures I take when I close out the camera app then restart and take more pictures all the previous pictures that were in the photo roll disappear.
    I tried all the usual stuff..Luna restart, turned the phone off and on, at a loss here, anyone ever encounter this before?
  2.    #2  
    bump for the Monday crowd, hopefully someone has some knowledge of this.
  3.    #3  
    fixed...I think I was having some type of photo file numbering issue..I downloaded the Improved File Format tweak and the issue has disappeared.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    O my god i was taking some pictures to send them to my boss going from on city to other cause thats my job and whe i was about to send them to my boss my pictures on the pre were gone it really dissapointed me a lot it was worth half day of work and i still had 5 gigabites free palm somebody should really fixt this problem

it sucks
    Lefty, what is the improved file format tweak? I am having the same problem? Did you recover the pictures you lost? Also what is Luna?

Thanks in advance,
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by redgrappler View Post
    Lefty, what is the improved file format tweak? I am having the same problem? Did you recover the pictures you lost? Also what is Luna?

Thanks in advance,

I believe Luna is the part of the operating system that controls all the apps on your phone... I could be wrong though and dont pretend to know much more then if you have problems a reset often corrects them.

There is a luna manager available for download on Preware.

The improved file format tweak is a tweak that changes the photo file number system for your pictures.

it changed the existing format which is numerical, to a date and time based method.

( Pre_YYYY-MM-DD-hhmmss.img...YYYY=year MM=month DD=day hh=hour mm=minute ss=seconds of the time your picture was taken. )

This corrected the glitch that I had that seemed to restart the numbering process from the beginning and overwriting the existing pictures each time I took new pictures.

It is also available on Preware.

And no... pics are gone.
    Last edited by leftyman; 11/09/2009 at 10:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Wow I just noticed this thread when searching about this problem, I have a bunch of pictures that disappeared, I though I was going crazy.......
    I believe it's a number system that limits the pics. Jason Robatille's patch corrects this. Its description is listed above in the 2 posts before mine.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I've taken pictures that are on my Pre but now showing in my photo app. Any ideas? I do see them in the USB THOUGH... STRANGE.