Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi,

This problem started today. Everytime i goto the browser and try to goto any website. I always get this error "You have reached the Openwave NGP Proxy Server" this server does not serve any content Use this server only for routing proxy requests.

I dont have any proxy set up so I dont know why it keeps redirecting me to this page. And also my phone keeps sending spam mail to everyone in my contact list.

Here's the message: ----------------------------

Hello
    How are you doing recently?
    I would like to introduce you a very good company which i knew. Their website is www [dot] cnamake [dot] com[ They can offer
    you all kinds of electronical products which you need like Laptops ,GPS ,TV LCD,Cell Phones,PS3,MP3/4,Motorcycles etc........
    Please take some time to have a check ,there must be somethings you 'd like to purchase .
    Their contact E-mail: cnamake[at]188.com
    Hope you have a good mood in shopping from their company !
    Best Regards!!!

------------------------------------------------------

When I also tried to goto google.com I get

NOT FOUND

The requested URL /m/search was not found on this server

even my Google Maps App shows the same error

Any idea's??

thanks...

PS: Am in Canada
    sound almost like a virus of somekind lol what was the last thing that happened or you did when this started ?? you will most likely have to web doctor your phone. but find emoney 33 ,or jason r. and maybe they could help you outbetter than i can.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    are you using wifi only or is this over 3g only or both. Also any patches homebrew ect?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    are you using wifi only or is this over 3g only or both. Also any patches homebrew ect?
    okay I just tried it over wifi and 3G; and it seems to be happening over 3G; the page opens fine on wifi.

you av an idea of whats happening??
    Me have the same problem
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I suppose the easily portability of code to webOS could have some downfalls. This is the first I've heard of a possible virus or spambot for a phone. Wow. Is your phone only doing this on your home wifi network and not OTA on 3G? Do you have a desktop setup as the router for all your home internet traffic? Is it possible THAT computer would have the virus and is send the emails and acting as a hijacked server?

I pretty much make this up as I go honestly, let us know what you find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by vitz3 View Post
    I suppose the easily portability of code to webOS could have some downfalls. This is the first I've heard of a possible virus or spambot for a phone. Wow. Is your phone only doing this on your home wifi network and not OTA on 3G? Do you have a desktop setup as the router for all your home internet traffic? Is it possible THAT computer would have the virus and is send the emails and acting as a hijacked server?

I pretty much make this up as I go honestly, let us know what you find out.
    I'm having the same problem but my phone isn't spamming anyone... I just got this phone like 4 days ago, love it, but just this afternoon I started getting the same stupid proxy message... yet I can still send and receive emails and my accu weather app was working, I can't connect to any sites or even facebook though through the browser... I tried Wifi and normal both aren't working... Help!!!!!!
    I am having the same problem and would greatly appreciate help from anyone who knows how to solve this! I copied some wallpaper pics to my pre drive and apps from precentral. Desperately need help! Thanks,
    someone should do a screen shoot and post it up here so everyone can see it please?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Openwave is a provider for Sprint. They provide MMS messaging, text messaging, and other data services for Sprint. They provide the proxy sever that web browsing over your phone goes through. It does not surprise me that they had an intermittent issue today. Intermittent in this case meaning not everyone has the issue. They MANY servers that do this function. Most likely they are having problem with a specific server or 2. Most users are provisioned to go through certain servers.

As for the spam, I doubt it is coming from your phone. There is a higher likelihood that your email address is being spoofed. Do you see these emails in your out email box? If not then it is very unlikely they came from your phone.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    This is the message that I am getting:

You have reached the Openwave NGP Proxy Server.
    This server does not serve any web content. Use this server for HTTP proxy requests.

My phone service and email are working fine; however, I cannot use internet applications.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    STOP READING HERE. There is a smarter poster than I above me ^^

Never heard about email spoofing tho.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by User142 View Post

This server does not serve any web content. Use this server for HTTP proxy requests.

My phone service and email are working fine; however, I cannot use internet applications.
    Contact Sprint and let them know the problem. It's not your phone, that much I can say for sure. Unless you re-configured your data connection.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    Thanks for the info but my service is through Bell, not Sprint. Could this be affecting them as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by User142 View Post

exact same as me man. Note: I'm on Bell in British Columbia Canada
    I'm on Bell in Ontario.
    this is sad... Palm/ Bell/ Sprint better fix this or I'm gonna snap... Just got this phone like 3 days ago
    I am also on Bell in Ontario. The same message has been popping up all day. Very annoying.
    Sorry for my ignorance - am obviously new at this and still learning... where a provider has an intermittent problem with a server, is it something that may work itself out, or does it have to be reported? This particular server I am attached to may be having this issue - do you know what the provider will suggest or do to fix the problem? Many thanks for your patience!
    If it were happening to me, I would call customer service. But it's likely that they know about the problem and are working on it already. I feel for you guys experiencing this issue, though. I would be pretty upset about it.

The email spoof issue is almost certainly not happening on the phone.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast