Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the reassurance - will wait it out until tomorrow and give Bell's customer service line a try.
    In ontario as well and getting this error as of today on Edge only. WiFi works fine. I will call Bell as well tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritflare View Post
    In ontario as well and getting this error as of today on Edge only. WiFi works fine. I will call Bell as well tomorrow.
    That makes three of us
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Bell Ontario, same problem, started late this morning (Nov 1st).

g
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Anybody can send email as anybody from most mail systems. As for it being bell, yeah it could be the same problem. Openwave is big, they probably do the same services for more than one carrier. It sounds like that is why some had the problem and most of us do not. It's on their network not the sprint network.

As to them probably already knowing. I use to work for a company that did the exact same stuff. An Openwave competitor at that. It is possible for this to not be known by the team that monitors the systems. It depends on what they are checking for. Sounds like the system is working, just not working RIGHT, so they may not be aware. I wouldn't assume anything when it comes to a provider knowing their system is messed up.
    -----------------
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, TT, T3, T5, TX, Pre from Day 1.
    I called Bell Canada - 1-877-328-2123 (nationally) or 1-514-420-7748 (for international) and spoke with a technician in "data services" (press 1 from main menu). Apparently, they ARE AWARE and are working on the problem. They have already received several calls and will be working to resolve but encourage more calls to expedite a solution. One giant issue is that they cannot guarantee when? and do not expect it will be by the end of today - it could take all of this week. Not happy about that. I asked about billing compensation and they told me to call billing to which I would rather take a long walk off a short pier... Good luck everyone, will be checking all day and post if I do get my services back.
    Having the same problem, trying to phone their Customer Care just gives me a long bunch of ads for Bell services. Will keep trying. At least the e-mail and the phone part still work.
    Had this happening since last night and thought it may have been related to me having done the ##EVDO# trick to force 1x and save battery life, but flipping it back to EVDO didn't help. When it was still happening today I googled around and came up with this thread, so I've just called Bell at 877-DATA-123 to add another complaint to the file and hopefully get the priority bumped. After the recording saying they were currently working on a wireless data problem, I got an agent almost immediately who asked me about the Openwave NGP message before I even got to explaining anything. I confirmed it was my issue and he said they're working on it but couldn't provide me with an estimate for resolution...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Not meaning to stir things up, but I'm dependent enough on having internet access on my device that if I had this problem for more than a day, I'd be contact my provider (Sprint, in my case) about a partial refund or credit.
    Either they've just fixed it or I discovered a workaround... I noticed that Openwave was a clickable URL in the error message so I clicked on it (tapped it) and it went to their page. After that worked I tried one of my bookmarks and it loaded too. Closed the card, re-opened the browser, tried yet another bookmark and it's working. Woohoo!

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    seems to be working for me now. Just got an email because I subscribed to this thread and I'm sending this reply directly from my pre. Hopefully no more bugs like this.....
    Rats, that means they just fixed it and I am not the workaround god... :-)

seems the problem is now resolved with Bell Mobility (Ontario).
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I fixed it yesterday by doing a reboot..... dunno.... seemed fine afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecode View Post
    I fixed it yesterday by doing a reboot..... dunno.... seemed fine afterwards.
    Bell Support had me turn my phone completely off and on again, and that did the trick for me.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12