1.    #1  
    Hi I just got my pre this morning and when I took the back off and tried to pull the ribbon the battery would not come out after pulling quite hard can you guys help? BTW my touch screen started only working when its plugged in but I think web os doctoring it to remove the tweaks will help any ideas?

Edit: Ive web os doctored and now its not working at all dammit this is ridiculous do I have to bring it in.
    Last edited by darksniper404; 11/01/2009 at 04:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I found it a bit difficult to remove the battery first time i tried. You essentially have to make sure both the left and right upper corners are clear of the little notches. When you pull the ribbon only the left corner seems to clear it. A thin wedge-lever type object would work to free the right side.

I have no idea how to help you with the touchscreen thing. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksniper404 View Post
    Hi I just got my pre this morning and when I took the back off and tried to pull the ribbon the battery would not come out after pulling quite hard can you guys help? BTW my touch screen started only working when its plugged in but I think web os doctoring it to remove the tweaks will help any ideas?

Edit: Ive web os doctored and now its not working at all dammit this is ridiculous do I have to bring it in.

Wait you just got your phone this morning and youre already having to doctor it!

Dont take this the wrong way but you should probably do some reading before you do any more tweaking.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Wow, you just got it this morning, and already you're tweaking and webOS doctoring? When you say "its not working at all" do you mean the whole Pre or just the Touchscreen? If the touchscreen doesn't work at all, then that really sounds like a hardware problem. If your Pre doesn't work at all, then I think maybe you missed something in the process of running webOS Doctor.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    It seems you figured it out already, but removing the battery is easiest if you pull the ribbon at a downward angle, instead of pulling straight back.
    Capacitive touch screens work by senseing small changes in voltage. So if the voltage is off by a little from the power supply your screen will get messd up. So its either your useing a different wall charger than the one palm gave you. Your battery is not set in right so you should remove it and reinstall. Your battery may just need a good charge. Your battery is broke. Its not the touchscreen since it was working when plugged in. This would indicate some kind of voltage difference issue. Also tweaks do not do this. And you must have webos doctored your phone wrong cause either way it should come back on.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Capacitive touch screens work by senseing small changes in voltage. So if the voltage is off by a little from the power supply your screen will get messd up. So its either your useing a different wall charger than the one palm gave you. Your battery is not set in right so you should remove it and reinstall. Your battery may just need a good charge. Your battery is broke. Its not the touchscreen since it was working when plugged in. This would indicate some kind of voltage difference issue. Also tweaks do not do this. And you must have webos doctored your phone wrong cause either way it should come back on.
    Well I only used the palm charger right now the touch screen still doesn't work so I'll try to get the batt out thanks guys. BTW the phones working fine, just not the touch screen, I'm going to Bell to get a replacement.
    Last edited by darksniper404; 11/02/2009 at 07:39 AM.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    Double post.
    Last edited by darksniper404; 11/02/2009 at 07:17 AM.
  9.    #9  
    Alright well I went to the Bell store an those **** ups told me there not going to fix a defective hardware they sent me so I guess I'll just pay the monthly bill and not have a phone.
    Alright well I went to the Bell store an those **** ups told me there not going to fix a defective hardware they sent me so I guess I'll just pay the monthly bill and not have a phone.
    How long have you had it? A day? I find this hard to believe.

Uh, if nothing else, Call Palm, get a replacement sent.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackbone View Post
    How long have you had it? A day? I find this hard to believe.

Uh, if nothing else, Call Palm, get a replacement sent.
    Well Ive founded out I'm ****ed for buying it on line and there is no way I can get it fixed. Apparently the stores around me and Bell are two different companys.
    Well Ive founded out I'm ****ed for buying it on line and there is no way I can get it fixed. Apparently the stores around me and Bell are two different companys.
    There must be a customer service number you can call for online purchases. If nothing else, here is Palm's customer service number for Canada: 866-219-7445. There shouldn't be a fee if you are within 90 days of purchase.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    There must be a customer service number you can call for online purchases. If nothing else, here is Palm's customer service number for Canada: 866-219-7445. There shouldn't be a fee if you are within 90 days of purchase.
    Thanks I've been around and around with this Bell support so Palm will send me a replacement? How will I get my number on that phone.
    Thanks I've been around and around with this Bell support so Palm will send me a replacement? How will I get my number on that phone.
    We're venturing into unfamiliar territory here for me. However, I've heard of Palm replacing other people's phones. They should at least be able to direct you to the proper customer service if they can't help you. When you get a replacement, it will have to be activated, and that will involve Bell.
  15.    #15  
    So far Bell lied to me 5 times today. I'll update you guys.

Edit: Now the customer service people are hanging up on me.
    Last edited by darksniper404; 11/02/2009 at 01:21 PM.
  16.    #16  
    Alright guys I didn't want to leave the Pre and this forum but after being on the phone with bell for 6 hours with 12 different people I've decided to leave the Pre and Bell and go to the iPhone 3GS and Rogers.
    This may be a stupid question... but you have removed the screen protector, right?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    This may be a stupid question... but you have removed the screen protector, right?
    haha Oh yes.
    What are you talking about theres no way to get it fixed. Take it to a bell store. If that doesnt work go to the bell website and call them. They will send you a new phone. The phone has a 1 year warranty so you wont pay for anything for a year. Bell will send you a new one in 2 days. Palm will even send you another one. And as soon as you turn on the new phone your number is transferd and so are all your contacts apps and calandar dates. The only things that dont show up auto are music photos and videos.