1.    #1  
    I'm surprise there is not a sticky on this subject. Is there a way to backup calendar, notes, contacts, pictures, files, etc.? Back in the Palm Treo days, all you had to do was back it up on the palm desktop and sync it again with the new phone and you'll have the same information as the old phone.

Please help. I tried searching and there are so many threads that speak directly to what I'm asking.

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by choile View Post
    Please help. I tried searching and there are so many threads that speak directly to what I'm asking.
    So what answers did you find in all of these threads?

The short answer is you can have backups, but it's not a single utility for everything. You should not expect WebOS to be like PalmOS ... you'll be very disappointed and at the same time miss the best parts of WebOS ... like "cloud" computing.

For Contacts and Calendar you should be using Google. This will automatically sync everything, and if you like you can make another backup by exporting stuff from Google.

Anything in the USB/Media partition (pictures, music, etc.) you can simply drag-and-drop or use any sort of backup utility while the Pre is connected via USB.

The other miscellaneous things (notes, tasks, others?) are a little more difficult. I don't believe Palm supplies a backup solution for this ... there are some third party apps available or coming ... and some of these things can be done on-line if you don't like the WebOS app (Evernote, ToodleDo). If you're desperate for just a backup of notes/tasks you might be able to copy the database files from your Pre using "root" access (if you don't know what that means, then it would take some time and research and may not be for you).
  3.    #3  
    Thank you! I would switch back to the Treo 755p in a heartbeat if it had a screen like the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by choile View Post
    Thank you! I would switch back to the Treo 755p in a heartbeat if it had a screen like the Pre.
    Actually, that's one option I didn't think of ... you can use Classic, which I believe will now sync to your Palm desktop . But that's really a step backwards IMHO.
    [QUOTE=davis.rob;2010428]
    For Contacts and Calendar you should be using Google. This will automatically sync everything, and if you like you can make another backup by exporting stuff from Google.QUOTE]

Except if you have 300 contacts under your pre account... Then you can't add them to google (unless I am missing something then please share as I would love to know)

I tried searching this site and to be honest it was a bit frustrating just because of the criteria I used to search contacts and gmail pull back a ton of information...

I want to restore my phone back to the day I bought it as I can't get all patches removed from it, but there is no good way to ensure my contacts are backup.