Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Alright...I am on my third phone and the same problem. Every Sunday sometime during the night my phone starts to toggle between "Phone Offline" and the Sprint wording on the upper left hand corner. This causing the battery to go out quick, within an hour or two. I got my new phone and created a new profile to insure this was not the issue.

First I thought it was an issue with patching but after getting my third phone I have determined that its not, not sure what it could be anymore. I am about to give up on this phone and go back to my old Moto Q, I know not the best thing to do but I dont know what else to do. Sprint will not give me another phone I have tried.

I also thought that it could be the weak signal at my home but it happened to me last week when I was out of town in Austin Texas. I have tried restarting the phone several times but it will not fix the problem. I have to put the phone in Airplane mode to keep it from eating up my battery and acturally making the phone usable on Sundays.

It seems like there is an application in the background that is constantly crashing and recovering...hence the hot phone and the offline mode. What else can I do to try and fix this problem...I LOVE MY PRE but this just sucks and I can not continue to deal with this problem. Does anyone else have this problem or had this problem and fixed it? I can not be the only one with this problem.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    You should get your digital camera out and take a picture of that to share with us and Sprint. Sounds like you have power lines running next to your window or something...

G..
  3.    #3  
    I will get some pictures but I dont think its power lines... I have none anywhere close to me. Also since this happened to me in Austin last week as well and the Sunday before it was happening when I woke up and didnt stop all day till around 6:00 pm or so. I was not at home I went to Dallas all day and didnt get home till late.

Any other ideas? Anyone??? This is really killing me and I am going to have to abandon a great phone if I can not figure this one out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guvner View Post
    You should get your digital camera out and take a picture of that to share with us and Sprint. Sounds like you have power lines running next to your window or something...

G..
    im getting the same problem, however I feel as though mine is related to either preware or the mytether services. I webos dr and it brought it back to normal(not switching between offline and online). I then started Installing those 2 services...back to fluctuating...not good as I have been trying to make a call for the last half hour and can only get 2-3 mins through it...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    im getting the same problem, however I feel as though mine is related to either preware or the mytether services. I webos dr and it brought it back to normal(not switching between offline and online). I then started Installing those 2 services...back to fluctuating...not good as I have been trying to make a call for the last half hour and can only get 2-3 mins through it...
    I thought I had the same problem but this time its a clean PRE no mods what so ever on it. I thought it was related to MODS or Preware but I now have not clue of what it is. Does this happen to you on Sundays? Mine only seems to be happening on Sundays or Saturdays even. But its automatic... Sundays suck for PRE!!!

I have a couple of photos of the problem ...here you go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I've also had this issue, though I've not noticed whether it's switching into offline mode. I always fully charge my phone before going to bed, so it's at 100 percent. Then sometime in the early Sun. a.m. hours, before dawn, I turn on my phone to look at the time and it's dead. This has only happened on Sun.
    My Pre used to toggle between phone offline mode before I updated to 1.2.1. Have you installed the latest update?
    That happened to me one day but i blamed it on pre ware....never happened since.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    If it's not homebrew related, let me ask you if you all have the same email provider... I remember at the begining, there was a problem with Hotmail accounts that were eating the battery with a similar problem...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    That happened to me one day but i blamed it on pre ware....never happened since.
    Before 1.2.1 it was a daily thing for me, got really frustrating. Hasn't happened once since I updated to 1.2.1
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Before 1.2.1 it was a daily thing for me, got really frustrating. Hasn't happened once since I updated to 1.2.1
    Well I initially blamed it on PreWare but this phone is as virgin as it gets. I really thought after I picked up this refurb. that it would be cured. Again I didnt have a saved profile, I do have the latest update and it seems to happen every Sunday. The phone is usable and would not be that big of a deal if it didnt eat my battery.

I do have a google account and I sync with an exchange server from work. Outside of that nothing else I can think of.

This issue is still happening to me right now it has not stopped since I first woke up. Very frustrating!!!
    I used to have this problem all the time (on Sundays). I finally determined it had something to do with my Exchange account. When I would completely delete the account off my Pre, the problem would go away. Sometimes I could set the account up right away and all would be fine. Sometimes I had to wait a few days before it would be OK. At some point it just stopped happening and now it's been a month or two since I've seen it.
    wow my phone just started this about two hours ago. Keeps cycling between sprint, roaming and no signal. Even plugged into the wall the battery has dropped 15% in two hours.

something definitely wrong with Sprint.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    wow my phone just started this about two hours ago. Keeps cycling between sprint, roaming and no signal. Even plugged into the wall the battery has dropped 15% in two hours.

something definitely wrong with Sprint.
    Mikey this is what has been happening to me as well. Its every Sunday!!! My phone is still doing it! It typically stops by now but for some reason it's still going on. I have reset the phone several times today. Yanked the battery and let it sit for an hour and still no dice, can't wait till Monday
    well 3 reboots got me out of the cycle. This is really strange behavior.
    maybe a stupid answer but maybe sundays are when call traffic is the highest and something with the network know you guys off the network? maybe it happens other times but you dont notice it as often then?

Quote Originally Posted by rlcardenas View Post
    Mikey this is what has been happening to me as well. Its every Sunday!!! My phone is still doing it! It typically stops by now but for some reason it's still going on. I have reset the phone several times today. Yanked the battery and let it sit for an hour and still no dice, can't wait till Monday
  17.    #17  
    I just tried something out...I removed my Exchange sync and the problem went away. I added it back and the problem comes back. I am not sure why this is a problem...it really doesnt make sense and why on Sunday?

I know that I had read somewhere that others were having similar issues and they were syncing with Gmail. So I tried removing Exchange and there you go. The only issue is that I have to sync with Exchange or this phone is just a phone...I need it to deal with work mail as well as Gmail.

This really stinks! What the heck could be the problem with sync'ing with Exchange?
  18.    #18  
    Well the phone finally stopped cycling from Sprint to Offline to No Service. Once I added Exchange sync back lastnight it just continued to cycle. I finally got to work and it stopped. I am not sure why this is happening? Is there some type of bug with Exchange sync? This phone is unusable if I can not synch with Exchange!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I got the same thing yesterday (Sunday). Phone was working but not the web. Was getting a error about "Openwave proxy server". Today everythin is abck to normal
  20.    #20  
    Well I just found another guy at work that has a Pre and is sycn'ing his email with the Pre and no problems on his end. Man this really stinks...if I dont find a solution soon I am going to sell the Pre on Ebay!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast