Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    No time zone issues yet, but I pulled up the calendar this morning, and it showed Dec 1 instead of Nov 1. I used 'Show Today' from the menu and it jumped to Nov 1 correctly. It appears to consistently show Dec 1 if I back up to Oct 31 in the day view and close the app, and then start it back up.

Stock CDMA Pre running 1.21
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Mine did the exact same thing...weird.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    mine too. ***. Just closed and reopened calendar and it showed the correct date. maybe a spring fwd/fall back bug?
    Strange. I had installed Fliq Tasks yesterday and when I set a due date for sometime in November, it would set it for the same day in December instead. I wrote it off as a bug. Today, I checked my calendar and my date is fine, shows November 1st and now when I add a task in Fliq Tasks, it works correctly. The only change I've made since yesterday is updating Package Manager via Preware this morning.

Also, for the first time in since updating to 1.2.1, my backup worked on it's own today. Normally I have to do the backup manually.
    Last edited by Ramer84015; 11/01/2009 at 08:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ditto the 12/1 issue. But also i have google holidays on my calendar and while online the 11/11/ veterans holiday is fine, it's now showing as 11/10 on the pre. and all subsequent holidays are now showing up 1 day before their real date on the Pre.

Syncing hasn't helped. And maybe it was like this all along, but it was the 12/1 glitch that brought it to my attention.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Same issue here. Calendar defaulted to Dec 1 this morning. Closing and reopening appears to fix this. But I can also confirm that if you back up to Oct 31, close the app, and reopen, you are back to Dec 1 again. Very weird. No DST or timezone issues as some are reporting. And all my events appear to be at the correct time.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra977 View Post
    Same issue here. Calendar defaulted to Dec 1 this morning. Closing and reopening appears to fix this. But I can also confirm that if you back up to Oct 31, close the app, and reopen, you are back to Dec 1 again. Very weird. No DST or timezone issues as some are reporting. And all my events appear to be at the correct time.
    Duplicated that glitch. Closing the calendar again and reopening brought it back to Nov 1st again.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcging View Post
    ditto the 12/1 issue. But also i have google holidays on my calendar and while online the 11/11/ veterans holiday is fine, it's now showing as 11/10 on the pre. and all subsequent holidays are now showing up 1 day before their real date on the Pre.

Syncing hasn't helped. And maybe it was like this all along, but it was the 12/1 glitch that brought it to my attention.
    same here, and I also noticed that Halloween is showing up as today. I think all of the holidays are now showing up a day late.
    Mine too! Sprint problem or Pre????
    Tina T
    MCP, MCSE, MCDBA, VCP

Sharp Zaurus > Cassiopeia A-20 > Casio E-115 > Psion 3 > Phillips VELO 1 > Palm V > Treo 90 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Palm Pre > HTC Evo 4G > Samsung Epic 4G > HTC EVO 4G Shift & a rooted Nook Color!! (But still have nothing but love and hope for Palm)
    Happened to me too.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    i can also confirm that if you open the calendar app, go back to 10/31, close it, reopen calendar and it will bring up 12/1. my events, google facebook or otherwise, are still in the correct days and times.

i guess this should be added to the 1.3.1 wishlist
    New years day should be fun. Instead of showing 2010 the phone may be rockin likes it 1999 Prince rocks.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    when the clocks switch back in the spring, will the calendar ++ or -- a month?
    If Palm thinks it's December 1, then I guess Webos 1.3 must be out!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Same effect here with german Palm Pre from O2.
    Strange. (German) Holidays stayed on the correct date.

Firmware is 1.1.3
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra977 View Post
    ...But I can also confirm that if you back up to Oct 31, close the app, and reopen, you are back to Dec 1 again. Very weird. No DST or timezone issues as some are reporting. And all my events appear to be at the correct time.
    Mine opened correctly to November 1st but I can confirm above bug as well.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Same here. Opened the calendar the 2nd time and it showed Nov. 1st.
    Quote Originally Posted by DNic View Post
    Same here. Opened the calendar the 2nd time and it showed Nov. 1st.
    Same here. Hadn't noticed this till I saw the thread (hadn't opened the calendar today). Huh. Weird.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I found the same bug and now that it is Nov. 2, the calendar opens to Dec. 2 if it was previously closed on Oct. 31. Guess November has disappeared.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    If Palm thinks it's December 1, then I guess Webos 1.3 must be out!
    This calendar has some really bad mojo working! I noticed when traveling recently, that powering off at 10am in the eastern time zone and powering back up in the Pacific time zone, shifted all my 1-day events to the wrong day. The time change did the same thing by shifting my Halloween to November 1.

The funny thing is, I have it set as an all day event that repeats every year. When I look at the repeat settings on the Pre, it says "Repeat Every Year on October 31." Yet that very event, the one that's supposed to repeat on October 31, is NOT in my calendar on October 31, it's on November 1 now!

As someone who owned most every model of Palm since the original Pilot, I never thought I'd say this but, it seems like you shouldn't really rely on the Palm Pre calendar.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast