Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dba0077 View Post
    Thanks for all of the responses! I've decided to signup for the insurance, at least for a year. I do quite a bit of road cycling, and my last 2 phones have skidded across the pavement several times. They were flip phones, and survived with just scratches. With the Pre, that would mean a scratched/cracked screen. So, insurance it is, until the Craigslist/eBay prices drop.
    You can always cancel at any time.
    My phone fell under the couch and I lost my Pre. I searched all around the couch, shook the couch and discovered that my Pre was underneath with a broken screen.

Asurion (Sprint's insurance company) is sending me a replacement Pre. Total cost to me: $100 deductable, plus 4 months of $7 payments = $128. Free express shipping.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    My touchscreen is unresponsive suddenly. I tried everything... battery out, reboot, prayer, nothing worked. I've had the phone 5 weeks. I called sprint and they told me it isn't their problem. I called palm who told me I could pay $30 for a refurbished replacement or I could wait 2 weeks for a repair. They admitted this was a manufacturers defect. It was not caused by anything but still neither company would assist me in any reasonable way. They asked if I had insurance, which I don't and they said insurance might get me a replacement faster. Now we need insurance for a manufacturers defect????? I am not a happy camper
    $7 bucks is worth it for the peace of mind. i dropped my last phone in a puddle and my deductible was $50.
    Quote Originally Posted by othello81 View Post
    $7 bucks is worth it for the peace of mind. i dropped my last phone in a puddle and my deductible was $50.
    How'd you only pay $50? I thought Assurion/Sprint changed their smartphone policy deductible to $100. That's what I had to pay for an old Treo 800w replacement 6 months ago..
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    How'd you only pay $50? I thought Assurion/Sprint changed their smartphone policy deductible to $100. That's what I had to pay for an old Treo 800w replacement 6 months ago..
    Yes, they changed it at the beginning of the year I think, or sometime late last year.
    Sprint Employee Disclaimer
    My replies and comments contain my opinion on the matters which have been posted, and do not represent the rules, policies and regulations of my employer and should not be taken as such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deval View Post
    Yes, they changed it at the beginning of the year I think, or sometime late last year.
    ahhh...he said "...my last phone..." I assumed he meant a Pre....never did state when that was. I've had several phones replaced over the years at that $50 deductible before it was changed too.
    I've had Sprint for two years and a year ago I added a line for my wife. Here's what I've paid into it:

36 months of TEP: $252
    1x water damage claim: $100

Total: $352

And here's what it's saved me in replacement costs:

2x M510 replacement: $200
    1x Mogul replacement: $200
    2x Touch Pro replacement: $550

Total: $950

So having TEP has actually saved me $600 over the last two years. It's a no-brainer for me!
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dog View Post
    My touchscreen is unresponsive suddenly. I tried everything... battery out, reboot, prayer, nothing worked. I've had the phone 5 weeks. I called sprint and they told me it isn't their problem. I called palm who told me I could pay $30 for a refurbished replacement or I could wait 2 weeks for a repair. They admitted this was a manufacturers defect. It was not caused by anything but still neither company would assist me in any reasonable way. They asked if I had insurance, which I don't and they said insurance might get me a replacement faster. Now we need insurance for a manufacturers defect????? I am not a happy camper
    i have used the manufacturer for replacement, they told me the same thing....2-3 weeks. this is not true. both times, with different companies, less then one week. what ever time it took for them to receive it in the mail, open it, log it and sent one back. they could not of had the phone more then 1 day total (for receiving and testing).

since then i have used the mfg. even if its refirb. its done directly by the mfg, not some other company.
    thanks for the reply. I am going through the manufacturer but still think its wrong to replace a brand new phone that cost $300 with a refurb when it is a manufacturing error. Just my 2 cents
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dog View Post
    thanks for the reply. I am going through the manufacturer but still think its wrong to replace a brand new phone that cost $300 with a refurb when it is a manufacturing error. Just my 2 cents
    I agree you should get a new phone. However, is there really a difference between a refurb and a new phone? They seem to look and behave like a brand-spanking-new phone.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I was asked if I wanted insurance when I got the phone (launch day). I said YES. But for some reason they never added it to my plan. And now Sprint won't let me add it
    YES! If the retail price of a new Pre takes a huge chunk out of your paycheck/savings account YES YES YES it's imperative.

If the retail cost of a new Pre doesn't phase you.... you probably don't need it as you could change phones anytime.

I'm about to get a replacement.... my third Pre so far. If I had to pay full retail price for these I would say goodbye but so far it hasn't cost me a penny for #2 or #3
    Cellphone History- Audiovox CDM9155> Sanyo 5150>Samsung SCH-1000>Samsung N400> PalmTreo 300> Palm Treo 600>Palm Treo 700P> Palm Centro> Palm Pre
    Well I stopped by a Sprint store & they had to fill out a form for me. They said it will be added in about 1 week.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123