1.    #1  
    Hi all - I am unable to access my SMS message screen directly

As in - supposing I want to read some old SMS messages. I hit the messaging app button on my Pre's homescreen dock. The messaging program launches but only emails are visible from my gmail and work accounts. SMS messages are nowhere to be seen!!

I only get access to my SMS messages when I receive a new SMS (i.e. I click on the one-liner notification on the home-screen and then I am in SMS messaging app). Once this screen is open, I can send SMS messages with no issues

Similarly when I attempt to compose a new SMS via the messaging app, it only gives me an option to send thru email

What is wrong?? Does the Pre not have a separate dedicated SMS app to send/ receive SMS messages from (like every other cell phone out there)? Or have I done something to mess it up?

I have a German GSM Pre running in 3.5G Starhub in Singapore. All data/ phone connections are working like a charm

Last night I flashed from the German ROM to the Sprint 1.2.1 ROM. Not sure if this issue was there before the flashing since as soon as I set-up by Pre, I upgraded to the Sprint ROM (before any new SMS messages were composed/ received)

I also do not have Gtalk, Facebook etc activated on my Pre cos I use my Pre mainly for work and don't need my personal stuff on it....could that be a reason why the Synergy thing is not picking up my SMS messages??

Please help! I SMS quite a bit and without stand-alone access to the SMS app, I feel helpless...

Thanks in advance!
    after reading your post, it seems to me that you're trying to send an SMS with the Email app. Search Messaging through universal search,that should bring up the Messaging app
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    @gollyzilla

No, he is OBVIOUSLY opening the write app -even a complete doof would know the difference between the SMS & email icons. From just reading his post, it seems to me that something is just wrong with the Launcher.

@adp21

The only thing I could figure to try is to either try the WebOS Repair Utility from this forum or do a total re-install using WebOS Doctor.

Sorry that I can't be much help on this -I've not had this issue myself- but I hope you find resolve!!

Best of Luck!!!!
  4.    #4  
    what i did was re-install sprint 1.2.1 and everything works great now!

didnt install properly the first time around for some weird reason

thanks for ur help again folks :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    @gollyzilla

No, he is OBVIOUSLY opening the write app -even a complete doof would know the difference between the SMS & email icons. From just reading his post, it seems to me that something is just wrong with the Launcher.

Such hostility but it's one way to get your point across .
    I think the OP could have worded it differently - at first it sounded like he was opening the wrong app to me as well .