Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I am looking to transfer my contacts OFF the Pre.
    Currently all the contacts are synced to the Palm Profile.

Cellebrite transfers do not work since the data was put on the phone from the profile, Cellebrite can only read contacts written by a Cellebrite.
    Missing Sync is a option, but I am looking to avoid paying $40 just to get contacts off the phone for a one time transfer.

I manage a Sprint 3rd party store so I know all the normal tricks and can't think of a single thing that would work in this case.

Has anyone come up with a way to export the contacts in the profile as a CSV or a free program for syncing with a PC?
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    I am looking to transfer my contacts OFF the Pre.
    Currently all the contacts are synced to the Palm Profile.

Cellebrite transfers do not work since the data was put on the phone from the profile, Cellebrite can only read contacts written by a Cellebrite.
    Missing Sync is a option, but I am looking to avoid paying $40 just to get contacts off the phone for a one time transfer.

I manage a Sprint 3rd party store so I know all the normal tricks and can't think of a single thing that would work in this case.

Has anyone come up with a way to export the contacts in the profile as a CSV or a free program for syncing with a PC?
    I want to do the same thing you want. It turns out you can't. I have 8 years of calendar events that I, (for no reason) don't want to lose. Missing Sync and Google only sync new information that is entered after installation. I am using a Mac, perhaps you would have better luck. I know CompanionLink is PC based but I know from dealing with tech support at Sprint, Palm and Missing Sync that you cannot transfer data out of Palm Profile. The Pre handles Accounts as individuals and even though you can see all linked together, you can only sync the Account that was created when the 3rd party software was installed. Meaning your "older" info is stuck at Palm. Maybe you can check my posts and see the answers I got when I asked the same thing. I would check with CompanionLink, I think they only work with PC's.
    Last edited by dpchmode; 10/30/2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: correction
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Check this thread for a method to export your contacts from your phone: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...acts-free.html
    when contacts are transferred to the pre using cellebrite, it creates a file on your usb called 'migration.bak'. that file is what allows the cellebrite to read from that phone in the future if need be.

since you run a 3rd party store, you could try pulling that file from a pre that has it (one thats had the contacts written to it via cellebrite), copying it to your pre, and see if you can read it then. i assume each 'migration.bak' file is unique to its phone, but its worth a shot.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    prdstm0nke: I found the migration.bak file you were talking about and i'll try what was suggested, but it may be unique to each phone like you said.

cas_esq: The method involved would do exactly what I want but, I am not confident in my ability to root or use the command line the way they suggest. I'm fine with homebrew and tweaks, but the method is more than I feel comfortable doing with a customer's device. At least a method is out there, but I'd love to see maybe a new option in WebOS Quickinstall that would do the dirty work for me.

Thanks for the tips guys.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.