Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It wont allow me to send or receive messages from certain people. I dont know what the problem is though, i called the sprint tech people and they didnt help at all because they said nothing was wrong with it. I keep restarting it but it isnt doing anything.
    ?? I've never seen this problem? Are you trying to text them through your contacts (could be a synergy issue ie Outlook, Facebook, etc).

Try texting that person through their phone number and NOT their associated contact detail in your Pre.

Pick one and delete that contact. Now text him by typing in his phone number. See if he gets it?

So instead of texting "John Doe" as listed in your Pre contacts card, text him by typing in his phone number.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Imarim91 View Post
    It wont allow me to send or receive messages from certain people. I dont know what the problem is though, i called the sprint tech people and they didnt help at all because they said nothing was wrong with it. I keep restarting it but it isnt doing anything.
    Maybe ur PrPrPr&#$275$; $decided$ $to$ $take$ $on$ $the$ $role$ $of$ $a$ &$quot$;$concerned$ $parent$&$quot$; $and$ $chose$ $not$ $to$ &$quot$;$allow$&$quot$; $you$ $to$ $be$ &$quot$;$influenced$&$quot$; $by$ $those$ &$quot$;$certain$ $people$&$quot$;.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Maybe ur PrPrPr&#$275$; $decided$ $to$ $take$ $on$ $the$ $role$ $of$ $a$ &$quot$;$concerned$ $parent$&$quot$; $and$ $chose$ $not$ $to$ &$quot$;$allow$&$quot$; $you$ $to$ $be$ &$quot$;$influenced$&$quot$; $by$ $those$ &$quot$;$certain$ $people$&$quot$;.
    this ^^^^sounds good to me, lol, are yousure they are not land lines or something or maybe they blocked messages there is something your missing im sure
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this ^^^^sounds good to me, lol .......
    It has to be that. It's a SMARTphone.
    man it must be reallllllly smmmmart !!!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    possibly no area code and if not that the numbers on facebook are there home numbers/landlines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imarim91 View Post
    Possibly if you have prepended digits on those phone numbers, the sms texting app does not strip them off. That, in conjunction with the fact that sms doesnt know how to handle prepended codes would prevent texts from reaching their destination. That's actually an issue I just discovered with my setup since I have caller id block active by default. So my friends all have *82 prepended by default. None of themm can receive texts as currently defined.
    I also have this problem with one phone number I've even deleted the number and just entered it and it still don't work
    I know that I am very late on this but my friend there is no fix for this. It is a very bad flaw in the software. This is what happens.

1. Rcv or dial a certain number
    2. That number will no allow sms texting.

The number somehow becomes corrupt. It is a known issue and palm has failed to fix it.
    that sucks i have the same problem with one number
    its probably the government f------ with ya.. did you pay your taxes
    mine did it for the 2nd time today. did a hard reset with sprint, it's now texting to the number it wouldn't
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Got this problem....Tried a reset and still wont let me text.
    I had this problem before. Palm suggests you doing an Apps and Data erase and it should clear it up. Pain in the *** and total inconvenience but it works.
    Have you made sure in the contacts area that the numbers is listed as "MOBILE". I had a couple listed as work and it wont let you send a text to those
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    There has to be an easier fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    There has to be an easier fix.
    If there was, I'm sure it would have been posted.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    If there was, I'm sure it would have been posted.
    Really? I'm not so sure - this is the first I have heard of it and I saw others in a similar confusion. Maybe it's just rare enough that the problem hasn't been wide enough to catch the eye of someone with the solution?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast