Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I had this issue twice on 2 different phones (gone thru 6 as of now). this is software flaw, you will need to do a hard reset (webOS doctor) and it fix it. If you do a simple reset it wont work, it may let you text that number again but wont let you text another number.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    It just happened again.

I was texting a number (a number not in contacts) straight from the messaging app and now it just wants to ignore that number.
    This Happens To Me In 1 Contact I Try To Text My Friend In Kansas But It Dosent Let Me So What I Do Is Start A New Convo For Every Text Message Im About To Send To Him It Works For Me You Should Try It If It Dosent Work Then I Dont Know Maybe Ask Rod
    This is a known problem that we have talked about before. If you do a search, you will see. I think I've narrowed down to how the problem arrises in the first place. If you dial a number that isn't saved in your contacts, and then text that person, and then save them in your contacts, the flaw rests somewhere in that process. It has something to do with that. I had this problem come up, which by the way can only be fixed with the Doctor, when I manually dialed a phone number and then texted that person by using the Phone app drop down menu. They were not stored as a contact yet. I then saved them as a contact and then tried to text them through the sms icon in the contact app, and nothing happened. The text app would not open. This happened with another person where I did the same thing. After Doctoring, I made sure I saved the number as a contact first, and then sent the text and it worked fine.

Let me know if anyone else has done the same process and noticed the text problem. Was I clear with my explanation of how I think the flaw occurs?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ugh
    Voltage is right, its a flaw in the software and doctoring is the only way. Kinda like dating a model with a hairy mole. You learn to work around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Voltage is right, its a flaw in the software and doctoring is the only way. Kinda like dating a model with a hairy mole. You learn to work around it.
    Hahahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    oh snap
    i had that same problem to sorry but the only way i found to fix it is to redoctor it.
    I've had this problem with several numbers. The evo 3d can't come soon enough...
    Sprint was having problems. It was posted all over their facebook page. The rep advised updating the prl and pulling the battery. It was happening across all phone types. I don't text enough to know if it was an issue for me or not. If you're not on sprint, you may have to doctor as others have suggested.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Have you made sure in the contacts area that the numbers is listed as "MOBILE". I had a couple listed as work and it wont let you send a text to those
    Same for me. I had this problem several months ago. Changing the label to mobile is what fixed it and I haven't had the problem since on any number with the mobile label.
    I had this problem and we spent hours trying everything to fix it. Glad to hear I'm not the only one, and it had is a known bug.

It was solved for me when the person I couldn't text/call broke up with my friend on bad terms so I now I don't need to contact her anyway. While not an elegant solution, it solved the problem. Might not work for everyone else though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12