1.    #1  
    It doesnt freeze to the point where I have to take the battery out, but the phone moves so slow it stays on the same screen without the ability to do anything for at least 4 minutes.

Anyone else having this problem?

FYI: I ran WebOS Doctor a few days ago because I am having Media Sync problems.
    There is no spoon
    Do you have Preware installed? If so, you need the Fair Dinkum App Limit app.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...tallation.html
  3.    #3  
    I'm not getting the app limit message though.
    There is no spoon
    An easy solution is to delete all emails in the inbox of your email app (it is probably clogged up), and the emails in the deleted folder..that will free up enough space to allow you to download more apps......emails can take up unnecessary space on the pre for some reason i can't really comprehend.............and you can also use the Fair Dinkum App Limit (Eventhough it will only work for some time, then you will start getting the dreaded "sorry, not enough space" message.
    The exact same thing happens to me.

When I click on the download button on the App Catalog, it would freeze for two minutes or so before starting to download the application. I thought nothing of it, because I thought it was normal.

I do have PreWare installed and a few patches. Could this be the reason why it is doing this?

Btw, I have a total of 1 homebrew application installed, so I don't think the app limit is the problem. I also don't have very many e-mails in my inbox, since I always like to delete e-mails that I don't need.
    I noticed this same thing a night or two ago, hadn't ever had it happen before but now it's fairly consistent. I don't think I've done a reboot since then though, I probably should because my battery life was horrid yesterday (over 20% per hour at one point) with similar usage patterns to any other day. So now that I'm saying this, I just hit Fn-Sym-R; here's to a better tomorrow (hopefully)...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    The Fair Dinkum app will fix the 1-2 minute freeze, but not necessarily the too many applications installed problem.

The reason for the hang is related to how the Palm App Catalog application detects how much free space is available on your device. With Preware, it ends up looking at all the available packages in the feeds configured in Preware which takes a long time and freezes the installer. If you want more detail, you can read a really good write-up by the author of the Fair Dinkum App Limit application who diagnosed the problem.

The Definitive Analysis of Palm Pre App Install Limits and the Palm App Catalog Hanging
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmypre View Post
    The Fair Dinkum app will fix the 1-2 minute freeze, but not necessarily the too many applications installed problem.

The reason for the hang is related to how the Palm App Catalog application detects how much free space is available on your device. With Preware, it ends up looking at all the available packages in the feeds configured in Preware which takes a long time and freezes the installer. If you want more detail, you can read a really good write-up by the author of the Fair Dinkum App Limit application who diagnosed the problem.

The Definitive Analysis of Palm Pre App Install Limits and the Palm App Catalog Hanging
    I'll install the app and report back. Thanks for the info.

UPDATE: Fair Dinkum definitely fixed the delay. Suggest for everyone who has the 1 to 2 minute delay to download the app. Thanks again, meandmypre.
    Last edited by Billionaire; 10/30/2009 at 05:18 PM.
  9.    #9  
    Fair Dinkum worked for me. Thanks fellas