Global Posts
    229 Global Posts
    recently, I been getting calls and I can't hear anything out of my phone but the person on the other line can hear me fine...anyone else experince this? I can only answer calls on speakerphone in order to hear them
    This has also happened to me. My problem started when I unplugged the phone from a headphone jack. The phone seemed to stay in that mode even though it was no longer plugged in. Try plugging in a pair of headphones and then unplugging them. Good Luck!
    i'm experiencing the same problem as well. plugging and unplugging can help; there's also the interactive test, where you can test the audio for your device (device info/more info/preferences/interactive tests). i've done this a few times to reset the device so the ear piece can work.

any other solutions out there? i still can not get the device to recognize that i am not using the headset.
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    there are multiple threads on this subject. A quick search brought me to this:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...mode-help.html
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    recently, I been getting calls and I can't hear anything out of my phone but the person on the other line can hear me fine...anyone else experince this? I can only answer calls on speakerphone in order to hear them
    Try the other ear.
    1. Get a qtip, remove most of the cotton from one side.
    2. Dip it in some rubbing alcohol.
    3. Use it to clean out the headphones jack.
    4. Enjoy properly functioning Pre.

Can a mod please sticky one of these headphone jack threads !?!?!
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I just started having this problem the other day. i tried everything i could read on this site. everything palm reps told me to do, nothing worked. finally after being on the phone for almost an hour lastnight sprint decided to send me a new one. i couldnt even get a replacement from a store.
    Quote Originally Posted by edbtzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thegill321 View Post
    I just started having this problem the other day. i tried everything i could read on this site. everything palm reps told me to do, nothing worked. finally after being on the phone for almost an hour lastnight sprint decided to send me a new one. i couldnt even get a replacement from a store.
    It's a known hardware issue that results in a SW error. Their is a pin inside the headphone jack that gets stuck. Sometimes shaking your Pre or running the self-test (audio portion of it) fixes this temporarily. Also, inserting a headphone male end inside the port tends to fix it at times.

I'd show the problem to Sprint and get a new one.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!