Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have read all the forums on mytether and i guess it just shows how little i know about the subject, but when i type in the command in terminal app it said installed successfully but i never see a app in the launcher even after reboot. I am willing to webos doctor my pre and start over to get this right.

It would be easier if you could just copy and past the commands in the webos quick installer like many of the threads say to do. I have windows and it will not let me copy and past into the command line. have to type everything in and like i said it still dont work.

would donate to the developer but alot of people say they get nothing even after donating. What should i do. If I knew how to get this to work id type out a thread that explains it very clearly step by step. no abriviations of terms. no assuming. Just 123 go.

I installed the shell service then the root command for the app. whats the deal. Id really like to get this to work.
    ;SPRINT SERVICE/REPAIR TECH
    umm, why not just use the unofficial ipk installer as noted here?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    umm, why not just use the unofficial ipk installer here?
    i have downloaded that and saved it to my destop but how do yo install it? Tried to click and drag to webos quick installer. IDK sorry
    In WebOS Quick Install, click the "+" button then choose the ipk
  5.    #5  
    said you can install it with preware? i dont see how. I cant even istall it with webos q
  6.    #6  
    In WebOS Quick Install, click the "+" button then choose the ipk
    Then just reboot? thanks man i am going to try it that way and i will post results. thanks so much!
  7.    #7  
    so if i have installed this using the terminal app. "it said installed successfull." even though there was no sign of a app in launcher,....Do i need to remove anything before installing the way you showed me?
    umm, why not just use the unofficial ipk installer as noted here?
    Jason, just for clarification, that IPK has the old drivers to get wifi to function with 1.2.1?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    shouldn't need to. Installing over top should work

Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Jason, just for clarification, that IPK has the old drivers to get wifi to function with 1.2.1?
    yes
  10.    #10  
    so I got it installed thanks so much. I rebooted my divice and enabled wifi tether. then I tried to see if my wifi signal could be picked up by anouther divice. No wifi signal coming from my phone. ? what do i need to have in options for my phone to be a wfi hotspot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickmassey82 View Post
    so I got it installed thanks so much. I rebooted my divice and enabled wifi tether. then I tried to see if my wifi signal could be picked up by anouther divice. No wifi signal coming from my phone. ? what do i need to have in options for my phone to be a wfi hotspot?
    No idea, I don't have a Pre, thus don't use MyTether
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    Are you using the free version? I didn't think the free version had the wifi hotspot option, only tethering...
  13.    #13  
    ok it must be the free one cuz i didnt pay lol. So to tether you have to install some software on your computer?
    ok it must be the free one cuz i didnt pay lol. So to tether you have to install some software on your computer?
    I think MyTether is ad-hoc wifi, not hotspot
  15.    #15  
    I think MyTether is ad-hoc wifi, not hotspot
    so what is ad-hoc wifi? are you refering to the free version i just installed? Can you explain how to get this to work wifi without usb tether? thanks
    so what is ad-hoc wifi? are you refering to the free version i just installed? Can you explain how to get this to work wifi without usb tether? thanks
    As I stated, I don't have a Pre, just the emulator. You'd need to ask the ppl in the MyTether thread. They'd probably be able to answer you questions fairly quick.
  17.    #17  
    As I stated, I don't have a Pre, just the emulator. You'd need to ask the ppl in the MyTether thread. They'd probably be able to answer you questions fairly quick.
    thanks again jason you were alot of help in getting me going with the free version.
    I have tried everything that I've read, with no success.!!

HELP!!!
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by glwilliams View Post
    I have tried everything that I've read, with no success.!!

HELP!!!
    I had a really hard time getting this to work. Not that is that hard, just hard for me to understand all the language on here. Im no computer programmer or anything. Just a service and repair tech. But thanks to jason and a few others. I was able to get it all working and now im sitting at home on my laptop computer connected to the evdo network with my palm pre. its great even when your data roaming.

Here is how i did it. " IN DUMB language."

1. Need click on that link jason put up that takes you to the unoffical mytether.
    2. Save it to your desktop.
    3. go into web os and click on the + then find that file and click it.
    4. then click install.
    once i did that, I had the app in my launcher but was not giving off a wifi signal.
    so i went to the thread about how to reenable wifi after 1.2.1 update.
    saved that file on my desktop same way as before.
    this time your going to go to send file in webos quiki to find it .
    typed in the command for file destination that is in the instructions on thread how to reenable wifi bt and usb after update.
    Now my wifi is working too.

I know this is not a good explination because i dont know how to put links up to go to the threads im refering to. but i hope it helps
    Okay, I'm lost. I've got the tether on my pre -- now what?

I haven't had a phone that tethered in a long time, can't remember what I need on my laptop to get the connection started.

Any help would be appreciated.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast