1.    #1  
    Guys ,

This battery is a drama .

Oh my GOD .

PALM , You must work on the software upgrade !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    News flash, battery life on smartphone not what customer expected! This and more at the top of the hour.
  3.    #4  
    this Tips and Tricks are not Useful !!!

Battery life is a Software problem .....

Now i want talk with the Palm Engeneer in private........
    I haven't had a smartphone yet that let me go without charging every night if I was actually using the phone throughout the day.
    Yeah, it's really too bad advances in battery technology haven't kept up with advances in technology in general.
  6.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    I haven't had a smartphone yet that let me go without charging every night if I was actually using the phone throughout the day.
    Problem with Pre 1.1.3 Europe is that if you use the phone all the day , whe you arrive at 4 p.m. , battery is DEAD , and this is INACCEPTABLE .

Last edited by wolfgart; 10/30/2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgart View Post

You better email Jon Rubenstein directly.

Also, you might want to keep in mind, you have a brand new phone, with a brand new battery. It takes a few cycles for it to realize it's full potential. If it still isn't good enough, get an extended battery.
    Last edited by Elysian893; 10/30/2009 at 02:41 PM.
    Good luck with that.....

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, it's really too bad advances in battery technology haven't kept up with advances in technology in general.
    "Had batteries advanced at the pace of the computer processor, a double-A cell would contain more energy than a tactical nuke." - Paul Saffo
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    "Had batteries advanced at the pace of the computer processor, a double-A cell would contain more energy than a tactical nuke." - Paul Saffo
    Okay, well maybe not that fast, but what's really the last advance we've had in battery technology? Lithium-ion / lithium-polymer? And they've been doing that for decades now.
    Is it possible that wolfgart is one of those AI algorithms.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Problem with Pre 1.1.3 Europe is that if you use the phone all the day , whe you arrive at 4 p.m. , battery is DEAD , and this is INACCETTABLE .

Do what a lot of others do:

Buy an extended battery

-or-

Buy a spare OEM battery
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    One of the recommendations I tried and found to be wrong "for me" was this one:
    Check email less often: Set Get Email to 2 , 6 , or 12 hours or even manually. (As Items Arrive is best if available)

If I set my yahoo and Gmail to "As Items Arrive", my battery consumption is 10% or more an hour. If I set it to 5 minutes, I am seeing 4-5% an hour.

Most of the day I am within a wi-fi environment, so maybe that is why.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, well maybe not that fast, but what's really the last advance we've had in battery technology? Lithium-ion / lithium-polymer? And they've been doing that for decades now.
    Well, there are more than just one type of Lithium-ion batteries. They have been continually improved since their introduction.

Lithium-sulfur batteries seem like a candidate, if they can keep it from killing itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    batteries have improved lipo,life,& others along thatt line are nothing like the old nicad or nimh batts still used in some devices. Agreed it hasn't advanced as much as other tech. Also I find my pre to last just as long as my centro battery lasted with same work load. My pre may even have morw workload on it cause I still like playing with it! It definitely isn't a flip phone with no internet like an old nokia or moto that lasted 1-2 weeks depending on use but then again ya wherent doing nearly as much with it! (I have all my gps location services on & emil set to 1x hour or as aerives)