Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I too can confirm that I received the too man cards message during the time change. I was actually in the middle of texting when my phone completely locked up and would not accept any input for about 2-3 minutes. It finally started moving (very slow) but still would not allow me to turn the device off with the power button. After 10 minutes or so I pulled the battery and it restarted just fine. This is the first time I've seen this and I've been using the Pre since launch. I get the feeling that this had to be related to the time change.
    I've pretty much concluded that, at least for me, this issue has become far worse since 1.2.1. In fact, I'd say that everything that was better with 1.2--performance, battery life, stability--got worse with 1.2.1. I'm very much looking forward to the next update.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Darn, I can only have 21 cards (all different apps) open at once. This "too many cards" thing is really getting to me. How am I supposed to Multi task with only 21 apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    Darn, I can only have 21 cards (all different apps) open at once. This "too many cards" thing is really getting to me. How am I supposed to Multi task with only 21 apps?

This isn't even funny. Your post has nothing to do with this problem that many are facing on a daily basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I've pretty much concluded that, at least for me, this issue has become far worse since 1.2.1. In fact, I'd say that everything that was better with 1.2--performance, battery life, stability--got worse with 1.2.1. I'm very much looking forward to the next update.
    at least with 1.2.1 iTunes synch is back :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    This isn't even funny. Your post has nothing to do with this problem that many are facing on a daily basis.

Your right, thats mean, lemme try and help.

When i moved all my apps out of the designated area (what causes the app limit) it allowed me to open more than the 5 i was getting stuck with.

Try following all this
    Solution to App Catalog Installation Limit - WebOS Internals

I know it doesnt seem like it relates, but I noticed it helped me to go from 5 cards to 21. Try it. (I am only using 5% of the designated memory for apps).
    Everyone keeps relating this issue to day light savings time..Mine just did this overnight and it's 11-17-09...So, can anyone explain the Fair Dinkum Patch? Isn't that patch for if you have a large number of apps and are getting this message but wish to add more apps? I currently have 28 apps..that can't possibly be high! :-)
    I don't know about you guys, but since I upgraded to WebOS 1.3.1, even though I still get the too many cards error message (possibly more frequently than before), closing the cards and opening them up again really does free up memory. Whereas before if I got the message I had to reboot, now I just close the cards and reopen them again continue on. 1.3.1 seems to handle memory management much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what is terminal going to show you anyways ???
    The "too many cards" issue is most likely a memory leak, if I have a terminal open I can see which process is using an extortionate amount of memory and if it's not a WebOS or built-in app process I can remove the associated app and fix the problem... considering the phone runs Linux, terminal will show you EVERYTHING!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have had this problem for the past couple of weeks. Hopefully Palm will come out with a fix for this or knows which app(s) are causing this through their extensive app testing team.
    We're all a bunch of "slimy ******* users."
    I just got this error with no apps running. I couldn't even run the terminal app in order to run top and see what was running. Uggh.

Sure wish I knew what had the memory leak.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    the memory leak? sux but it seems a simple reset will fix it...good try palm..but i'm still keeping my pre..lol..:-D
    this really erks me!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12