Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So we have ourselves two Netflix apps in the Catalog, the big question is, which when am I going to go with. This is where a trial version would be great, I definitely want one of them, I just don't know yet which one. Despite its cheaper price, the lower priced one actually looks nicer to me as far as aestetics go. I suppose that's because most of the UI is in red, which is one of my favorite colors, and because I am sick of everything being grey and white.

I am a little unclear about the features of each, mainly searching for movies. What I like about being able to watch movies on my Xbox360 is that it shows me all the new ones to pick from. Does any of those two apps do that?

I had the official version of a Netflix App on my WinMo phone (strangely enough, the ONLY OFFICIAL version for a Netflix App, all others are made by people other than Netflix) and it gave you no suggestions whatsoever! It's great that you can search for stuff, but sometimes you just sit there totally stumped, not knowing what you should search for! It's nice getting some sort of selection presented to you, which in turn might jog your memory for other movies you might wanna see.

So, boys and girls, what's the verdict? Which one did you pick, and why, and which one actually suggests movies to you and doesn't just wait for you to type something in?
    I have used both and I ended up choosing MyQ. Seems more polished and doesn't require you to dole out your login info.
    Is there one that will allow you to search the Watch Instantly list only? Hard to tell from the screen shots, and that's just about all I use on Netflix anymore.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I prefer myq. -m
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by guerillatwang View Post
    I have used both and I ended up choosing MyQ. Seems more polished and doesn't require you to dole out your login info.
    How good is the Netflix recommendation feature? I guess it's based on your previous history with Netflix?

In some of the review in the App Catalog, people stated that they had to go through that authentication process everytime they started the App, did you encounter that as well?

And no, both Apps search for the movie only from what I have read, and don't allow you to look for movies that are only on Instant Que, I could be wrong though!
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    maybe I need to look at myQ again. I got the other one. For what ever reason I couldn't get Myq to change the order of my q.
    I have the homebrew version of MyQ. I tried the homebrew version of Quick Queue but had problems with it loading and it did not provide recommendations or was able to rate movies I had watched. Not sure if/how the App Catalog versions of both are different.
  8.    #8  
    Hmm...tricky choice, but I am starting to lean towards MyQ....pretty red background or not, it seems to be the more comprehensive program.
    I've been using homebrew MyQ for a while. Not as much lately, as I'm not doing much with Netflix currently. When I am, I'll be purchasing the Paid MyQ. Clean app.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    How good is the Netflix recommendation feature? I guess it's based on your previous history with Netflix?

In some of the review in the App Catalog, people stated that they had to go through that authentication process everytime they started the App, did you encounter that as well?

And no, both Apps search for the movie only from what I have read, and don't allow you to look for movies that are only on Instant Que, I could be wrong though!
    No instant queue in the homebrew version. I've only had to register once and haven't had a problem since. great app
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I like both and I dont think you'd be disappointed with either, but I think as for right now MyQ is slightly ahead of QuickQueue, but that could change with an update or two.
  12.    #12  
    No instant queue in the homebrew version. I've only had to register once and haven't had a problem since. great app
    But there is Instant Queue in this version, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    But there is Instant Queue in this version, right?
    Not sure about that. I'm sure someone in this thread has a paid version. BTW nice car.
  14.    #14  
    Not sure about that. I'm sure someone in this thread has a paid version. BTW nice car.
    Ooooh...I thought you had the paid version. Hm...I remember on their website saying it does.

.....my car says "thanks" lol.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Yes, MyQ has instant queue. Also shows the top charts and new releases for both instant and dvd. It's having an issue with adding movies to the queue though, author is trying to push a fix through. Hopefully Palm is fast on fixing it. QuickQueue is likely having the same issue but I don't own it, don't know.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Yes, MyQ has instant queue. Also shows the top charts and new releases for both instant and dvd. It's having an issue with adding movies to the queue though, author is trying to push a fix through. Hopefully Palm is fast on fixing it. QuickQueue is likely having the same issue but I don't own it, don't know.
    When you say it has an issue adding movies, does that mean it takes a while for it to add them, or does it just not do it yet at all?

Hmm...maybe I will wait for the fixed version.
    I use the free version of MyQ and I love it. I wish I knew the difference between the paid and free version.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I'm actually content with Netflix's website for mobile. It suites my needs, and I don't have to use an app that will take up space ( I don't run any mods, so I have to deal with the space limit on apps).
    Last edited by RafRol; 10/31/2009 at 06:52 PM.
  19.    #19  
    Well I went ahead and bought MyQ. It's a great app and has all the features I was looking for. I can add and edit to both of my Queues (well in theory, currently I haven't been able to add anything to neither my Instant Queue nor the Disk one), it will show me all the new available movies for Instant Play, it shows all the new releases on Blu Ray and DVD, in short pretty much all I asked for.

All they have to do now is fix my current inability to actually use the App for what it was intended to, meaning, let me add movies to my queues, fix that stupid bug where you need to authenticate the app with netflix every time you start it (thankfully you don't have to type your username and password in every time), and maybe jazz up the interface a bit with a bit more color.

Also it would be great to see movie trailers! That's one thing the official Netflix App for WinMo did, although not for every movie.

So, get the bugs fixed, and I will be a happy camper!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Bugs are fixed for MyQ. App works great now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast