1.    #1  
    so I bought my pre back in July and just recently my top right on/off button has ctopped working and my charger port cover has come off (still have it)..

first off.. Some of my phone contacts are backed up via palm profile and some via my google acct.. Will this be a problem when it comes to restoring my contacts?

will I be getting a replacement (refurb) pre the same day I take it in?
    WHITE HORSE - Linked to instinct, purity and the drive of the physical body to release powerful and emotional forces, like rage with ensuing chaos and destruction. - The Subconscious Psychosis of Dreams
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Assuming you have TEP you will get a refurb if they have that in stock or a brand new one if they do not have refurbs in stock the same day (as long as they can demonstrate your problem). I would suggest removing all tweaks/patches that you may or may not have on your phone. Do a backup before you enter your palm profile information into the new pre. Your contacts should come back once you sign into the new phone and you google account syncs.
    edit:
    be sure to back up everything on your USB drive as this will not be saved with your palm profile information
  3.    #3  
    Got it.

I don't have any patches or anything like that going on with my phone.

The problem is pretty easy to demonstrate, the top button to bring the phone back awake just doesn't work, i have to open the phone in order to wake it up.

Also, when I go to my Palm Profile it says "account not verified or e-mail not verified".. but when I click on the "send verification email" i get nothing.

my phone backs up everyday though.
    WHITE HORSE - Linked to instinct, purity and the drive of the physical body to release powerful and emotional forces, like rage with ensuing chaos and destruction. - The Subconscious Psychosis of Dreams
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Assuming you have TEP...
    I'm on Pre #4, and it has a problem too. And I may be getting Pre #5. As long as the problem is with the phone, they won't require you to have TEP. It's a warranty repair. But if you break it due to misuse (e.g. you have a child that dunks it in water), then that's a TEP claim, and you'll need TEP to get the replacement.

Either way, I've received Pre #2 & #3 from the in store stock. They were brand new Pres. For #4, they ordered one that got shipped to my house. It's a refurb. I suspect they will order you a refurb now even if they have new stock in the store.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  5.    #5  
    anyway I can get a new one opposed to a refurb? I'd like to have my phone replaced with a new one, not a used one.

I also have full insurance on the phone.