1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to sync pre to Mac Ical and contacts....I have a new empty Mac and want to sync my Pre info to my Mac. Missing sync only syncs with info under the account "My Computer" which means any original Palm Profile Data won"t sync. I want my past, (8 years) info to sync, not the new info that will be added because I just started Missing Sync....Any Sugestions?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I had a Treo 650 and 755 going back to late 2004. But then switched to a Treo 800w via Missing Sync. I had to merge my 4 years of Palm OS data into my Treo 800 then everything into the Pre.

Best way I can figure is to use Palm Desktop to export the data in a vCal format. Then use iCal to import that same data. Hopefully this helps a little.
    Easier than that is to set up a google calendar specifically for this sync work, configure the pre to sync that data to google calendar, then iCal and address book to sync with the google calendar. You can then export that data from the desktop apps, and delete the connections from both devices. You reimport the data into a local file and you should be all set.

(Note - reason for the export/import is to remove the dependency ont he google account, if you prefer not to have that. You don't have to remove google from the equation if you don't want to)
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I do the same thing as rare. Google syncs my outlook (work), palm pre, and ical calenders (home). Thus far, I've been impressed.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post
    Easier than that is to set up a google calendar specifically for this sync work, configure the pre to sync that data to google calendar, then iCal and address book to sync with the google calendar. You can then export that data from the desktop apps, and delete the connections from both devices. You reimport the data into a local file and you should be all set.

(Note - reason for the export/import is to remove the dependency ont he google account, if you prefer not to have that. You don't have to remove google from the equation if you don't want to)
    I have already set up google on my Pre and it will only sync new information, any data that exists under the Palm Profile will not sync with the Google.
    Easiest way I've found is to sync to Google Contacts and Calendar directly. Although, not sure why you need 8 years of historical calendar data. I took the time to clean up my 12 years of Palm contacts and calendars when I switched to the Pre.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    Easiest way I've found is to sync to Google Contacts and Calendar directly. Although, not sure why you need 8 years of historical calendar data. I took the time to clean up my 12 years of Palm contacts and calendars when I switched to the Pre.
    When you synced to Google, did all of your information, (data on Pre before adding Google account) sync? I tried syncing to google as I stated before and found that only new information is added not previous information, (Palm Profile data).