1.    #1  
    Soo... I'm leaving town for a day. But when I get back, I expect to do some hardcore cracking & hacking. Hopefully you guys can help me out with suggestions of what to do to my Pre. Here's what I've come up with so far...

(1) Order Touchstone kit
    (2) Order PhantomSkinz or Bowave protector (anybody actually compared both?)
    (3) Use Meta Doctor to disable Sprint requirement && increase /var partition for apps to 2.5 GB
    (4) Root Pre
    (5) Setup Preware
    (6) Download EVERYTHING!! Any "must have" apps in the Catalog or Homebrew I should check out first? Also need to understand how the Catalog works (wondering if all the apps I've downloaded now will be there after a full reinstall and/or if it's possible to remove them from my account)...
    (7) Get standalone GPS to work
    (8) Donate lots of money to the devs
    (9) ???
    (10) PROFIT!

Surely I'm missing some goodies, right? I need more inspiration & motivation from the tweakers.
    Read this:
    http://www.precentral.net/how-to-install-homebrew-apps

Then read this:
    http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/preware

Then read this:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Then read this as well:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html

Then go back and read all that stuff again.

As far as applications go that's going to depend completely on you. Browse them all and see what you like.

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I expect to do some hardcore cracking & hacking.
  3.    #3  
    OK... I figured out what the last 2 things (in bold) I need to do are after playing with the Pre for a day, just so I could round the list out to an official 10. If anybody can stupify numbers 3 thru 8 for me and everybody else here, that'd be great. I'll do it if nobody else will, but it'd certainly help me out a great deal in order to complete a guide for everybody else. And any more "hardcore" tweaks to get a Pre to satisfactory condition in the eyes of an uber-geek are definitely encouraged. I've seen a lot of guides, but a guide of guides would certainly be sweet. Surely I'm missing some more things (wifi routing for example, perhaps we'll save that for the unofficial version), right?

(1) Order Touchstone kit
    (2) Order PhantomSkinz or Bowave protector (anybody actually compared both?)
    (3) Use Meta Doctor to disable Sprint requirement && increase /var partition for apps to 2.5 GB
    (4) Root Pre
    (5) Fix battery issues
    (6) Fix "too many cards" memory issue

(7) Get standalone GPS to work
    (8) Setup Preware
    (9) Download EVERYTHING!! Any "must have" apps in the Catalog or Homebrew I should check out first? Also need to understand how the Catalog works (wondering if all the apps I've downloaded now will be there after a full reinstall and/or if it's possible to remove them from my account)...
    (10) Donate lots of money to the devs.