Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I hope it's soon. I'll buy it as soon as they do that. Without a link to the article, it's really quite useless. I'm dying to use it otherwise.

Right now I'm using the Newsweek app as my reader (and it sux, BTW) and I'm afraid to drop $5 on NewsRoom.
    I went ahead and purchased Scoop, figuring that the more buyers the more motivated the developer would be to update it. And, I was quite surprised to see it for only $.99. I figured it would have to be pretty bad to not be worth that little...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I went ahead and purchased Scoop, figuring that the more buyers the more motivated the developer would be to update it. And, I was quite surprised to see it for only $.99. I figured it would have to be pretty bad to not be worth that little...
    That does make sense, but I'm one of those people that (for even just $1) would rather pay for something when it does what it should (or they want) vs. when it doesn't and for it to happen. =D Granted, that seems like what a lot of people did w/ the Pre.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    It keeps track of what you haven't read. The app tells you when there are new posts.
    Really? When I tried it, the second that I tap on a feed, it marks the whole read as read. Even if by accident.

And what happens when I don't read everything in a feed (e.g., I get interrupted)? Because it's already decided to mark the whole feed as read, I have no way of going back to where I left off. Much less being able to jump around to various articles and have only the ones I've actually read marked as such.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Really? When I tried it, the second that I tap on a feed, it marks the whole read as read. Even if by accident.

And what happens when I don't read everything in a feed (e.g., I get interrupted)? Because it's already decided to mark the whole feed as read, I have no way of going back to where I left off. Much less being able to jump around to various articles and have only the ones I've actually read marked as such.
    Ah, you are correct. I just always finish reading them.
    can't find scoop in app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    can't find scoop in app catalog
    I searched by "Scoop" and "RSS" and it came up both times.
    I use NewsRoom. I actually stopped checking my bookmarked sites on the pre, and instead just go straight to NewsRoom after they increased the feed limit to about 30.

As far as unread articles being marked as read, you can always go back into that feed and still have those articles available, and with the ease of navigating to an article (swiping left/right), I don't see that as much of a problem.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    As far as unread articles being marked as read, you can always go back into that feed and still have those articles available, and with the ease of navigating to an article (swiping left/right), I don't see that as much of a problem.
    Tell me more. How do you keep track of what you've read? What do you do when you stopped reading at article 30? Do you flick 30 times trying to find your way back to where you left off?
    can we start a thread with everyones feeds? I am interested to see what others have
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    I searched by "Scoop" and "RSS" and it came up both times.
    ended up getting it, but it DIDNT show up in the search for some reason
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I heard back from the Scoop developers (Pivotal Labs) that they're definitely going to add a link to the original post and folders in an update. They didn't say when, but they've been quick to update Tweed so I'm hopeful.
    Pivotal told me (via Twitter) that they submitted an update that adds these features last week (around Nov. 4 or 5). As of today, they are still waiting on Palm to approve it for the App Catalog.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
    scoop is great after update.

folders and links now.

love the search feature too.

we have two great rss readers with scoop and feeds now, I still use feeds though since its the easiest on the eyes for me, but scoop is right up there
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biggamer3 View Post
    scoop is great after update.

folders and links now.

love the search feature too.

we have two great rss readers with scoop and feeds now, I still use feeds though since its the easiest on the eyes for me, but scoop is right up there
    I really like the updated Scoop version, too. Both feed readers are solid. I prefer Scoop because of the ability to flick through articles one-by-one, but Feeds is good, too.
    Rob Robinson
    Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755p >> Palm Pre
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12