1.    #1  
    So as of yesterday, my Pre thinks that there is a headset/headphones plugged into the phone. I cannot hear anything out of earpeice on phone, but i can hear out out of headphones and speakerphone. anybody else have a problem like this? i spoke with palm support, they told me to take it to where i bought it and ask for a replacement.
    Last edited by thegill321; 10/29/2009 at 05:45 PM.
    My phone has been doing this. I was able to make it go back to normal but it keeps coming back randomly switching on and off during phone calls even if i dont use my headphones. I decided to take it into Sprint which took forever as they "diagnosed the problem" they told me they couldnt get the phone to produce the problem and sent me on my way. It did it again in the parking lot so I walked back in and showed them and they ordered me a phone.
  3.    #3  
    I'm hoping that since i got the phone at radioshack that they will not attempt to diagnose the problem and just give me a new phone.
    This happened to me..I took it in and the gave me a new phoone..it is a known issue...many other have posted here about it as well
  5.    #5  
    didn't see any, also the topics suggested to me when i entereted topic werent for this issue. sounds like i'll be getting a new phone tonight. this is the 2nd time i will have traded it in less than a week after putting a bunch of music on phone.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I had the same thing happen to me. I finally got a hold of someone with a brain at Sprint who knew exactly how to fix it. Insert and remove your heaphones quickly three (3) times. It solved the problem perfectly!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonp2 View Post
    I had the same thing happen to me. I finally got a hold of someone with a brain at Sprint who knew exactly how to fix it. Insert and remove your heaphones quickly three (3) times. It solved the problem perfectly!
    thats what palm support told me to do lastnight and it didnt work.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    there are several threads on this already, just search the threads for the the word "qtip" (i.e. a commonly recommended fix).
  9.    #9  
    Well ive tried everything posted in those threads other than the q-tip method. i will be testing that out when i get home. hopefully it works so i can avoid getting another phone.
    If you need to fix your phone with a Q-Tip do you really want to put off an exchange? Just saying.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    If you need to fix your phone with a Q-Tip do you really want to put off an exchange? Just saying.
    Well if it fixes the problem. I just will not use the headset jack anymore, and just go back to using ipod for music. All I was using the music on phone for was in my truck connected to aux port on stereo.