Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I ended up buying the $1.99 solitaire and it's nice, but could use more. The animations and graphics are good, and I like that it keeps score and has an online leaderboard, but otherwise, eh.

No double-tap to move the aces to the top, no drag and drop (which is especially helpful for seeing which cards are in the middle of a long stack), and the selection setup has made me do the wrong move a couple of times. Also, I'd love to see local stats for my top scores, maybe average number of moves to win, and number of games played / winning percentage. Also would be nice if it had a portrait option. I'm almost tempted to pay the $0.99 for the other and see which I like better, but I'd rather save it for more awesome stuff like Zombie Invasion and the like.

Though of course doesn't the Zombie Invasion developer know that every zombie game now needs a ridiculous song in it like in ?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I ended up buying the $1.99 solitaire and it's nice, but could use more. The animations and graphics are good, and I like that it keeps score and has an online leaderboard, but otherwise, eh.

No double-tap to move the aces to the top, no drag and drop (which is especially helpful for seeing which cards are in the middle of a long stack), and the selection setup has made me do the wrong move a couple of times. Also, I'd love to see local stats for my top scores, maybe average number of moves to win, and number of games played / winning percentage. Also would be nice if it had a portrait option. I'm almost tempted to pay the $0.99 for the other and see which I like better, but I'd rather save it for more awesome stuff like Zombie Invasion and the like.
    The guy who wrote the app posted in another thread, flick cards towards the aces stack to put them up there I posted feedback in the thread he bumped, he's seen it, hopefully he implements some of the ideas I gave.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I don't get it.
    +300
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    concert finder says it downloads and installs but it doesn't create an icon or doesn't install correctly.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I'm liking the RSS reader scoop from pivotal labs. It hooks in with Google so you have all your feeds. Also allows you to star items, search through feeds, and retrieve items you've already starred and share and like items.

it handles pics beautifully in the feeds.
    one thing I'm unsure is if you can use this offline. If I put the phone in airplane mode I can still open my feeds in all feeds mode. I'd like to hear more from the developers on this because I don't think I read this in the product description.

One criticism is that the scrolling does lag a bit and seems to freeze from time to time. Nothing awful but I'd like to see it improved. Excellent start!
    Quote Originally Posted by atom00 View Post
    I'm liking the RSS reader scoop from pivotal labs. It hooks in with Google so you have all your feeds. Also allows you to star items, search through feeds, and retrieve items you've already starred and share and like items.

it handles pics beautifully in the feeds.
    one thing I'm unsure is if you can use this offline. If I put the phone in airplane mode I can still open my feeds in all feeds mode. I'd like to hear more from the developers on this because I don't think I read this in the product description.

One criticism is that the scrolling does lag a bit and seems to freeze from time to time. Nothing awful but I'd like to see it improved. Excellent start!
    Does it allow you to read the articles from within the reader likes Newsroom does, or does it give you a preview with a pic, and a link to go to the website?
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    I don't get it.
    Me either. (I mean, folks do know I was joking, right?)
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Does it allow you to read the articles from within the reader likes Newsroom does, or does it give you a preview with a pic, and a link to go to the website?
    While newsroom gives more of a preview, both programs allow you to read the articles within the reader So Scoop works pretty much like the Google Reader mobile app without all the problems
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It gives as much of the post as the RSS feed specificies, as far as I can tell, and unfortunately no link to the post itself. Internal links do work.

I've sent a tweet to Pivotal about it, along with the lag/incomplete results when side-swiping from one post to another.

Otherwise I like it. Very clean and simple, and now that Newsgator's FeedDemon and NetNewsWire apps use Google Reader for syncing, my RSS feeds are now kept in sync across all of my systems--Windows, OS X, and WebOS.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    99 cents is alot to spend on something you don't like.
    Wow... Diamond Jim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The Classic Solitaire game is very good Worth the 1.99 IMO.
    Does it have Free Cell, please please please?!
    Quote Originally Posted by grappler View Post
    Does it have Free Cell, please please please?!
    Only Klondike.
    "Zombies man, They creep me out" One of the best Romero quotes delivered by a master. Been having a Zombie marathon. This game came just at the righ time!!!
    The Zombie game is a nice time waster.

Already over 100 people on the leaderboard so the dev must be happy haha.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    i don't understand the positive reviews for the zombie game. zombies walk towards you and you tap them. that's the game. 99 cents or not, it just isn't fun. *shrug*

i got Scoop (rss reader) which seems awesome -- except for one little thing. there aren't links to go to the original posts. seems quite odd that that is missing. besides that it is awesome.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonrw View Post
    it just isn't fun. *shrug*
    You forgot the "for me." part at the end. I am presuming you can imagine a world where different people find some fun in different things. :-P

It entertains me enough for a few minutes here and there to be worth 99 cents.
    By your logic you could also say

"i don't understand the positive reviews for [generic first-person shooter]. [generic enemy type] walk towards you and you press a button. that's the game. [price] or not, it just isn't fun."
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    By your logic you could also say

"i don't understand the positive reviews for [generic first-person shooter]. [generic enemy type] walk towards you and you press a button. that's the game. [price] or not, it just isn't fun."
    most first person shooters i can think of require the use of multiple buttons... :P

just voicing my opinion so others will know what to expect if they get the game. you dont move, there is no sound, zombies walk towards you and you tap them.

if others love it then great, they should voice their opinion too.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    It gives as much of the post as the RSS feed specificies, as far as I can tell, and unfortunately no link to the post itself. Internal links do work.
    Woah, that's weird. So, for the those feeds that show just a hint or comment of something, I can't read the rest 'cause there's no link? Seems like a cell phone w/o a dialer...
    So is the zombie game in 3D? I thought the current SDK does not provide access to the GPU... Or is all the heavy lifting done by the CPU?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast