Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    hey guys I always wanted to back up my contacts aside from the palm profile, and I tried google but I can't figure it out. I set up an e-mail but when I go into my account I don't see contacts anywhere! I know alot of you have google contacts so can you please help out a fellow Pre lover? Greatly appriciate it guys!
  2.    #2  
    anyone out there?
  3. seanb61's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #3  
    Go into the contacts app on your pre

    Tap contacts in upper left of screen

    got to preferences and accounts and add you google account there

    once you have done this make google the primary and then hit sync now.
  4. #4  
    I jus started a google account today so I'm glad to see this post.. Thanks to the person that replied and the one that made tha post
  5.    #5  
    I did that. And when I go into my google acc on my phone it tells me that there is zero contacts. And when I log on through my comp I can't see the contacts anywhere. Is there a way I can see my contacts through google and edit them?
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang94 View Post
    I did that. And when I go into my google acc on my phone it tells me that there is zero contacts. And when I log on through my comp I can't see the contacts anywhere. Is there a way I can see my contacts through google and edit them?
    The contacts that are on your Pre will need to have a Google profile. If they are ALL Palm profiles, you will need to create Google profiles for them. Since you now have Google as your default account, any new contacts that you add to your Pre will automatically be sync'd with your Gmail/Gcal accnt on your PC.

    Add a new contact to your Pre and check it. Give it a few minutes to sync with your Gmail on your PC and it should show up (the time is varied by region and server traffic. Usually, my additions/editing is done almost instantaneously to my Gmail).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang94 View Post
    I did that. And when I go into my google acc on my phone it tells me that there is zero contacts. And when I log on through my comp I can't see the contacts anywhere. Is there a way I can see my contacts through google and edit them?
    Did you enter the contacts before you switched to the Google account (i.e. while Palm Profile was your default account)? If so, then they will not sync to the Google account. Only the contacts entered in the Google account (e.g. while Google was your "default" account) will get synced to Google.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    The contacts that are on your Pre will need to have a Google profile. If they are ALL Palm profiles, you will need to create Google profiles for them.
    What does "create Google profiles for them" mean? Are you saying that you will have to re-enter them using the Google account? If so, then that's true.
  9.    #9  
    okay guys I see what you mean. What I wanted to do was to sync the contacts that were already in my palm profile. But I guess I have to manually type in the contacts if I want them on my google account. That's a bummer, is there a way to sync them? Cuz typing them is gonna take a long time. And thanks guys for the info.
  10. duratime's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    #10  
    If you have them in Outlook, you can us a program like gSyncit to keep the outlook and google contacts and calendars synced. I really like it. I think it cost about $15. Works good, and then you will have your info backed up in three locations (phone, google, and Outlook). Just an idea. Good luck
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang94 View Post
    okay guys I see what you mean. What I wanted to do was to sync the contacts that were already in my palm profile. But I guess I have to manually type in the contacts if I want them on my google account. That's a bummer, is there a way to sync them? Cuz typing them is gonna take a long time. And thanks guys for the info.
    If you had your contacts from an older phone sent to your Pre at the Sprint Store, have them do it again. But this time, make sure you have Google as your default profile account.

    Where is the source of your current contacts (Outlook? Diff phone?)?

    Also, you can enter them in your Google account from your PC and that will also sync to your Pre.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  12.    #12  
    thakns. the source of my contacts is my old phone. Il probably try the outlook gsyncit, hopefully I can download a free trial to try it out.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang94 View Post
    thakns. the source of my contacts is my old phone. Il probably try the outlook gsyncit, hopefully I can download a free trial to try it out.
    Right ... if you have the old source you can try to re-sync with Google as your default (although you may end up with duplicates in two separate accounts). But there's no way (at least no easy way) to export the contacts from the Palm Profile.
  14. cas_esq's Avatar
    Posts
    618 Posts
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    #14  
    If the contacts are in the Palm Profile only (i.e., you don't have access to another database containing your contacts or the contacts were entered on the Pre), see this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-s...acts-free.html
  15.    #15  
    i would try that but i have never rooted my pre. i dont really wanna mess with that, but if some how it was created into a patch il try it, but rooting is a different story, thanks for the tip though

Posting Permissions