1.    #1  
    My pre has been great since day one. I had to doctor 2 times total mainly sue to themes or such not removing properly etc.

BUT...

I doctored my Pre this time because I could not get the EvDo icon to work, thus not letting my Pre connect to the internet, app stores etc. (Basically no data). After the doctor it worked fine.

So...after about 2 days of everything doing ok (or so i thought) I went ahead and put some more patches on my phone (I did not apply any themes yet as I wanted to make sure all was well after my doctor visit.

SO...now I noticed from observation with no exact solution or theory, which is why I need help as to what the problem is, or if anyone else is having this issue:

I turn on the phone: have full signal, EvDo icon, can text (send/receive), use phone, apps etc.
    Turn on WiFi: everything works great, same as above.
    Turn off WiFi: OOPS...can use the phone, send text (though my wife or my freind dont receive them until days later), NO data (net, apps , etc)
    Turn on Airplane mode: in AP mode
    Turn off Airplane mode: still no EvDo
    Turn off then on data toggle in phone pref: no difference
    Reboot phone: EvDo comes back most times, others not until a few reboots. Time before this I couldnt get it to work at all so had to doctor it.

Not sure if its the phone or something in the patches. Here is the ones I have installed:

-Show Wifi SSID
    -Add Space between snooze and dismiss
    -Audio/Video Attachment
    -Call duration in call log
    -Call history during call
    -Enable Add/Delete pages
    -Enable Forwarding
    -Enter key for new line
    -Match state to area code
    -Multi Mod
    -Read/Delete All Email
    -Show Download count
    -Smiley Faces in Symbol Box
    -SMS Tone pre contact
    -Sound Toggle - Grey
    -Timestamps - Fancy
    -Virtual Keyboard
    -Fair Dinkum (just to say it also is installed)

The ones in bold are the newer of the ones I have installed.
    Any suggestions, or anyone lese know about this problem...I searched the forums but nothing came up
    Last edited by DJeremyC; 10/29/2009 at 12:20 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Still having the no Ev icon on the Pre for Sprint even after doctoring again and talking with advanced tech support for over 6 hours total...am I missing something to get this to work?

I tried every trick I know...Airplane mode, reboot, data toggling, soft and hard reset...etc

Any Ideas?

I did do a quick test on the phone from the device info area, and it says it failed with the following code:

Code: 20, Hardware Area: Modem
    could be a hardware defect. might need to get it exchanged
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    Still having the no Ev icon on the Pre for Sprint even after doctoring again and talking with advanced tech support for over 6 hours total...am I missing something to get this to work?

I tried every trick I know...Airplane mode, reboot, data toggling, soft and hard reset...etc

Any Ideas?

I did do a quick test on the phone from the device info area, and it says it failed with the following code:

Code: 20, Hardware Area: Modem

Just FYI - I got a replacement PRE last week as my screen stopped responding and I have had nothing but EVDO problems and according to a sprint guy at the store that I do trust, they seem to have allot of issues. Your problems seem just like mine. But I have not even done any HB apps at all.
  5.    #5  
    Just an update, sory its late....they were "supposedly" working on a tower near my house and everything is fine.