Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    I was wondering if anybody else is having any problems with Hotmail on their Pre?

I go through all the steps and set up a "new" account and enter my Hotmail address and password. and it works just fine for a few days (maybe a week) then I get a message that says my "hotmail cridentials were not accepted please update your password". so I go in and "reenter" my pw and sometimes it will work ok for a few days but usually it won't work and i have to "delete account" then "add account" for it to function properly again (but again will only last for a few days till I have to go through all that again)!

Anybody know what is up or have the same problem and know how to fix it?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    anyone? I did see the Windows Live thread and that isn't this same issue!

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. It just started occuring and I haven't figured out a way to fix it yet.
    I am having the same issue as well.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I have seen it once, in its full blown form, one week ago or so. From time to time when I go to the Hotmail inbox to sync manually, I can see yellow triangle with the exclamation mark in the upper right-hand side corner of the screen (sign of login problems), but not the pop-up message about wrong credentials.
    It illustrates another problem, too. Around the time when the credentials problem showed up, Hotmail account stopped reacting to the settings in 'Preferences & Accounts': I set it to retrieve messages once a day or manually, but Pre checks Hotmail every time it checks my office Exchange account.

My suspicion is that we have two problems here: after 1.2.1 WebOS update something is screwed up with e-mail settings, plus the usual problems with Hotmail on Microsoft side (MS is not really syncing Hotmail with e-mail readers: it merely lets he readers download messages; retrieval of messages using e-mail readers is painfully slow for any inbox with non-trivial number of messages).
    PALM will correct the issue on their side if users complain, but MS will do nothing unless you are able to point the source of problem very precisely.
    We can only complain, and we should do it as loud as possible.
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    well my problem is getting WORSE... Seems like 3-4 times a day I have to manually change settings to make hotmail sync.

I get that yellow triangle with the "!" in it saying that the credentials were not accepted so I go to setting and change the settings to "User Authentication - Outgoing" OFF and go "back" says settings saved but even when I immediately go back into it it is turned back on... it will work for a few hours but then I have to go through that process all over again???

Am I doing something wrong or is this just Hotmail notorious issues with Syncing???
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    anybody have any ideas yet???
    Quote Originally Posted by plcd22 View Post
    anybody have any ideas yet???
    Although I use hotmail as my primary email account on my notebook, I duplicate it on gmail for the Pre (actually I began using gmail for my Centro). There have been some issues with hotmail on the Pre from the beginning (not pushing email correctly, draining the battery on push, etc). I've never had a problem with gmail.
    This happens with Yahoomail as well. I saw a thread about these web email systems not supporting the IMAP IDLE command. I think usually the fix is that you have to login on the web through your computer, then it seems to fix itself.