1.    #1  
    One thing that has been a minor annoyance about the Pre is the lower edge around the keys is somewhat sharp.

I have found that the most comfortable way for me to talk on the phone is with the keyboard extended. This; however, makes it uncomfortable to wrap my hand around the keyboard.

So I got the idea of sanding down the edge. I was a little worried about how it would look, but it ended up fixing my problem and isn't noticeable. For anyone who wants to do this I have some recommendations after doing it.

First I would recommend putting something like a Post-It or painter's tape on the edge of the screen to insure you don't scuff it. Then get some sandpaper. I used 100 grit, because that is all I had, but I would recommend a higher number (less coarse). Fold the paper in half and use the edge of the paper to sand (See picture). Hold the paper at a 45 degree angle and rub very lightly back and forth. I started on one side and it was noticeably smoother than the other side.

If you don't fold the sandpaper or maintain the 45degree angle then it is possible that you might scuff the area around the keyboard or the bottom of the phone.

Please note that if somebody screws something up attempting this it is at your own risk. I am just saying that it worked for me.
    Last edited by SirRob94; 10/29/2009 at 10:32 PM.
    You know i saw someone using an iPhone today and the way he was holding it seemed very unnatural his hand wasnt wrapped around it but his fingers were just on the back... The Palm pre is the same I dropped mine on day three or four of owning it .. and that is because its hard to hold so I agree with the easier to speak when the phone is open.

I didnt notice the sharp edge untill I saw that and looked at mine and it IS sharp so good plan I wont be doing it just yet though
    The only thing my Pre is in danger of cutting is the air. Not even remotely sharp. Perhaps yours was defective?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    LoL Sharp LoL

If you wanna sand away part of your phone fine but seriously i'd hate to see the knifes in your kitchen if you think thats sharp
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    snap on cases may not work after doing this.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    No one is saying its sharp like a razor blade when opened, just ironically edgy when compared to its closed riverstone feel. I've considered sanding that rim just to take a bit of the edge off...thanks for sharing your efforts.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I used a fine file on mine.
    I used 2000 grit auto sandpaper on mine and it's smooth as a baby's ***. BTW my innocase fits fine. =)
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I hope Palm pays attention and sands them at the factory. That sharp edge definatley makes the phone feel more cheap.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by neopre2009 View Post
    You know i saw someone using an iPhone today and the way he was holding it seemed very unnatural his hand wasnt wrapped around it but his fingers were just on the back... The Palm pre is the same I dropped mine on day three or four of owning it .. and that is because its hard to hold so I agree with the easier to speak when the phone is open.

I didnt notice the sharp edge untill I saw that and looked at mine and it IS sharp so good plan I wont be doing it just yet though
    It is interesting watching how the actors hold it in most of the TV shows where they have been using the Palm Pre. I have seen most of them with the phone open and their hand wrapped around it.

The other way like you said, when it is shut, I use the tips of my fingers and it gets uncomfortable after awhile.