1.    #1  
    Phone just purchased Oct.24/09. I was surfing the net, put the phone on the desk for 2 minutes, picked it up - nothing. no lights/screens, won't respond to power button. Tried to figure out how to pop the battery, restart the phone - but can't seem to do that either.

Would appreciate any assist.

Thanks

John
    Back cover should pry off. Start by pressing in the small tab/button on the underside off the phone (near the clear/pearl center button).

Also...make sure the "screen protector" that is used to protect the phone has been removed as this can screw with the proximity sensor.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/29/2009 at 10:11 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Okay - I removed the back cover - is there a trick to removing the battery?
    Thanks for the help so far....

John
    There should be a flexible plastic tab that runs under the battery. Pull down and out, and the battery will come out.
    Nope, just give it a good yank on the pull tab and it should pop right out.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4me View Post
    is there a trick to removing the battery?
  6.    #6  
    DUhhh - never mind I found the pull strap - hope this will reset the phone.

John
    It will most defiantly reset the phone....removing the power source will have that effect on things.

If it will not boot or you have this problem continually let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4me View Post
    DUhhh - never mind I found the pull strap - hope this will reset the phone.

John
  8.    #8  
    Okay - back on the air. Many thanks to Ryleyinstl and hparsons. Is this a common problem, or should I visit the store? I just moved from a HTC Touch (the belt pouch fits the Pre just fine thank you very much), and I only had to reset that phone maybe 4 times over the 2 years I had it.
    Again - thanks folks...

John
    I would say that the phone shutting of randomly isn't typical. However there was a problem with batteries being to small (and causing this issue) this summer but I think that problem has been addressed. That said, if you keep having this issue you should pop into the store.

I find I need to reset the phone every once in a while to fix strange random things or if the phone seems unusually slow.