1.    #1  
    I got my Pre a week ago along with Touchstone and the PhantomSkinz screen.

First night I placed it on the Touchstone, it started to beep suddenly in the middle of the night. I noticed it was fully charged and sleepy as I was, I took it off the Touchstone. Same thing second night. I finally stopped using the Touchstone and charge it through the micro USB port (which I hate from the bottom of my heart. I mean, for a phone as slick as the Pre, how do you put such a clumsy door) Anyways, I found some spare time last night, so I was messing around with some settings and I set the System Notifications to OFF (thought that might do it). I was happy not to wake up by the beeping sound and I think I had a dream that I was hugging my Pre the next morning.

I woke up around 4 to see that the Pre wasn't getting charged, even though it showed the indicator. I had it at 65% before I went to bed and it was at 60% at 4AM. So I took it off the Touchstone and plugged in the micro USB port again. At 8:30 AM, I had 10% charge. ***????

Half an hour later at work, my Pre shut off and I have time to kill till noon.

Any advise?

Thanks,
    V
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    You may try re installing the battery door. Make sure it's on tight clicked all the way around. You also may try a simple restart while the phone is on the TS, sometimes that works. Sounds like the contacts may be an issue or the phone isn't seat in the sweet spot to charge. I have the innocase so off and on dinging is a way of life for me. The truth is the whole TS charging is kind of buggy, both software and hardware, so it's pretty much trial and error.
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    You may try re installing the battery door. Sounds like the contacts may be an issue. I have the innocase so off and on dinging is a way of life for me.
    Thank you, Master.

I will try that when I get home. I am also trying to give a shot at the Brightness Unlinked app (backlight stays on when placed on the Touchstone)

Coming from the android platform, this phone is surely a PITA.

I agree that its relatively new, and I myself haven't got down to downloading the SDK and tinkering with it.

We will see what the new version of WebOS has to offer.