1.    #1  
    I must be crap at finding info and I know presently there's no application like Lightwav for the Pre, but going through the homebrew apps didn't help and classic apparently doesn't work with Lightwav.

I could do lots of things but mostly I miss:
    - personalizing contact sms (and group sms)
    - personalizing days and hours of ringtones (eg. office hours silent tones, lunch break nights amd weekends party mood)
    - block/filter calls and sms
    - dividing contacts by category

Can you post a link or else where I can find info on these pls? Ta
    Quote Originally Posted by crowning73 View Post
    I must be crap at finding info and I know presently there's no application like Lightwav for the Pre, but going through the homebrew apps didn't help and classic apparently doesn't work with Lightwav.

- personalizing days and hours of ringtones (eg. office hours silent tones, lunch break nights amd weekends party mood)

• personalizing contact sms (and group sms)
      http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...h-contact.html
    • personalizing days and hours of ringtones (eg. office hours silent tones, lunch break nights amd weekends party mood)
      Don't think this one exists yet
    • block/filter calls and sms
      See the post above
    • dividing contacts by category
      Don't think you'll ever see this one. Get used to using Universal search instead of "browsing" the contact app. There is a third party app that lets you put contacts in groups, but it creates its own contacts.

I used and was crazy about LightWave; however, the company doesn't seem interested in programming for the Pre. Feel free to bug them about it (I have)
  3.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    [*]personalizing days and hours of ringtones (eg. office hours silent tones, lunch break nights amd weekends party mood)
    Don't think this one exists yet
    Bummer. That was cool, shame. In the office don't want my phone ringing while I need it to be loud and clear on lunch break, especially if I am at the gym ;p

Anyway, thanks!
    Bummer. That was cool, shame. In the office don't want my phone ringing while I need it to be loud and clear on lunch break, especially if I am at the gym ;p

Anyway, thanks!
    Have you checked out Google Voice?
  5.    #6  
    As I get to know the Pre better other things were so cool with Lightwav and can't seem to find them in the new iphone killer (?!?), choice of volume for different applications and stuff for instance, I hate system volume, total nuisance, but if get it too low or silent I don't hear sms notifications...

No response from Lightwav developers as to make it adaptable to the Pre... I want my $25 back!

No need for lightwav. Everything to tweak the CPU is already built-in to the OS.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...-app-here.html
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    So, I'm a new Pre+ user who was a dedicated Lightwav user through three Treos and one Centro.

Is there a way to have groups/categories in your contacts and a ringtone to ring for that group? I don't see this mentioned anywhere.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+

Anyway, thanks!
    You could check out Mode Switcher in the Homebrew category. It will allow you to set different modes with different ringers / volume levels.
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    Is there a way to have groups/categories in your contacts and a ringtone to ring for that group?
    nope.

welcome to the stupidest phone ever
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    So, I'm a new Pre+ user who was a dedicated Lightwav user through three Treos and one Centro.

Is there a way to have groups/categories in your contacts and a ringtone to ring for that group? I don't see this mentioned anywhere.
    There are two issues here, one is that ring tones are set individually, and the other is that there are no "groups" for contacts in WebOS.

As you know, this feature really wasn't available on PalmOS devices, we had to purchase an add-on app to get the feature. You can though, make setting the individual ringtones a little easier by "similating" groups, if you want to.

Let's say you have two users, John Doe and Jane Smith, both of who you want to create a group for - J-Group. Here's how you "simulate" groups.

Create a new user in the Palm Profile called John Doe. Set his "company" to J-Group. Do not enter any more information for that user. Save it. Now call up the "real John Doe" (doesn't matter what profile he's in), and link him to the new contact you just created. Repeat for Jane Smith. Now, if you type J-Group, it will show those two users. You can then set their ringtones individually to whatever you want.

Yep, I realize it's not real "groups", that's because Palm hasn't seen a need for Groups (even though I played with this to see if it works, I don't use it either, Universal search does what I need). I also understand that there was a lot of convenience is LightWave's method of applying sounds to groups on the Treos. More than anything though, I understand that this phone isn't that one, and folks can complain about how "stupid" it is, or they can learn to use the features it does have.

Of course, something LightWave may eventually come along as well. The Treo was out several years before we saw that little gem...
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The Treo was out several years before we saw that little gem...
    This just reinforce how behind this "little gem" actually is
    This just reinforce how behind this "little gem" actually is
    I'm confused. Are you complaining that the program's not out, or that the Pre doesn't do it?

Keep in mind, the Treo never did this, until a third party developer wrote the program (that's the "little gem" I was speaking of). When the API comes out, you'll see the software.
    The Pre doesn't allow for groups or categories in its contact database.

This keeps a third party developer from being able to create something like LightWav
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

LightWav was a huge nightmare...Worked when it first came out, but it got worse the more options they added on.
    Interesting, it served me very well. I don't know that I used ALL its options, but certainly used a number of them.
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University